`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading/Slabbing Question

Grading/Slabbing Question
now i understand grading a card gives you more of an idea of what its condition, value, etc are but when it comes to a set of cards (ie my heritage collection 15 card relic set) that i do not intend on ever getting rid of, just passing down to my son, why not just have the slabbed? dont know the cost difference between grading or just slabbing if any. if it is substancial slabbing would be more beneficial to my situation. just an idea i'm throwing around. what do you think?
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

RE: Grading/Slabbing Question
if you're taking the time and effort to send them in for slabbing, get them graded ..... looking at the long term benefits vs. cost Smile

(12-30-2011, 03:42 PM)rgf17 Wrote: now i understand grading a card gives you more of an idea of what its condition, value, etc are but when it comes to a set of cards (ie my heritage collection 15 card relic set) that i do not intend on ever getting rid of, just passing down to my son, why not just have the slabbed? dont know the cost difference between grading or just slabbing if any. if it is substancial slabbing would be more beneficial to my situation. just an idea i'm throwing around. what do you think?
They both cost the same.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

did you maybe mean slab them yourself? if you mean slab them yourself and your more concerned with protection rather then resell value its probably worth it to just slab them yourself. If however you meant sending them in to get the slabbed you should have them graded to.
[Image: 49ers.jpg]

didnt know pricing so if the prices are the same ill just have them graded. thanks for the info everyone
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(12-30-2011, 03:57 PM)keaponlaffin Wrote: did you maybe mean slab them yourself? if you mean slab them yourself and your more concerned with protection rather then resell value its probably worth it to just slab them yourself. If however you meant sending them in to get the slabbed you should have them graded to.
I've seen the ones that you slab yourself and IMHO they're cheesy looking.

(12-30-2011, 05:08 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I've seen the ones that you slab yourself and IMHO they're cheesy looking.

never seen em before...the idea is sorta intriguing
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

(12-30-2011, 05:09 PM)patsfan129 Wrote: never seen em before...the idea is sorta intriguing
I had never heard about them either until I started hanging out on these football forums. I'll try and find out the name that I looked up on eBay.

(12-30-2011, 05:19 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I had never heard about them either until I started hanging out on these football forums. I'll try and find out the name that I looked up on eBay.
I think I did see something on ebay that looked a little like a BGS holder...not sure if their like BGS and permanent slabs tho.
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

(12-30-2011, 05:21 PM)patsfan129 Wrote: I think I did see something on ebay that looked a little like a BGS holder...not sure if their like BGS and permanent slabs tho.
Yeah, I don't think it's anywhere close to BGS. And consider this, it's not airtight.
It's Pro tech mini slab.