`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Topps Case - Jumbo or Hobby, that is the question....

2012 Topps Case - Jumbo or Hobby, that is the question....
I'd like to take a survey of what to buy for the new 2012 Topps. Last year I bought a case of regular ser 1 and Jumbo for ser 2. I know you get 6 autos and 12 "GU" from the Jumbo vs 12 GU/Autos (mostly GU) in the Hobby. But you get almost twice as many inserts/parallels from the regular Hobby case vs the Jumbo (860 vs 480). I'm primarily a set builder and team collector so I'm leaning towards the regular Hobby case - lots more trade bait, but I've had great luck in the last few years with the Jumbo - pulled a Pujols auto out of ser 2 last year and a Longoria all-star jumbo patch/auto #d/5 in 2010 Update Jumbo.

Any thoughts/suggestions? I'm even entertaining opening a case of both...

Have over 1,800 different Barry Larkin's and looking for more...

RE: 2012 Topps Case - Jumbo or Hobby, that is the question....
i say regular hobby!
Matt Holliday Refractors -75/162 - 46.3%
2006 UC Ensemble Triple Auto 69/87 - 79.0%
2007 UD Future Stars Triple Auto 11/18 - 61.0%
2007 SS Dual Auto Brwn Glv/Blk Ink 7/34 - 20.5%
[Image: TXqak.png]

if they do a diamon dig type redemption card, you get more of thse in hobby and they are a great way to get money back. 70 Hobby 60 Jumbo, but that almost has many for a less $$$

I say Jumbo, I feel you get better pulls from there

I just bought two hobby boxes of 2011 update for 90 bucks. the 12 diamond giveaway cards sell for at least 25. now my 2 boxes are at 65 bucks, great deal
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

I have always had more luck with jumbo on nicer pulls but it that scenario for you I might would go hobby

Personally I would like the jumbo but I have never had enough funds at one time to pony up for a case
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)