`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Seller shipped in pwe

RE: Seller shipped in pwe
(12-29-2011, 04:42 PM)ceocards Wrote: Letting them off what hook?

That's the part I don't get.

If we're operating under the assumption that most bidders take S&H into account in their bid price, the seller didn't gain any excess profit. The card didn't suffer in any way. You didn't pay any more out of pocket.

The only way the seller could make 'excess' profit would be if the buyers didn't factor the S&H charge into their bid price, and that is where I say the buyer needs to take a bit of responsibility himself to ensure that he doesn't pay more than he wants to for what he will get (either in terms of item or packaging).

I agree that mentioning the PWE in the comments would probably be appropriate, but I don't see any reason to trash a rating.

Now if it arrived damaged and the seller didn't make good, that's a different story. And of course by using PWEs, they're taking a bigger chance that will happen. But that's not what happened here.

And while we're on the topic, I'm always amazed at how Ebay sellers are held to such a high standard on S&H costs vs. almost any other online retail outlet. Ever had eTopps ship you cards? Ever bought anything from Walmart.com? Yet only on Ebay do people act like it's the end of the world if a seller pads shipping by a couple bucks.

Again - don't mistake my comments for supporting the practice...just trying to offer a different perspective, that's all.
Ceo we see eye to eye on the total. That isn't the issue.
Let me try to explain better.

Me as a buyer I look at Neu. and neg. more.
A sellers Positives I don't look at because those are "happy" buyers.
But this seller should have some sort of knock and the stars to me are not as bright either compared to a neu. or a neg.
I am only saying hit the neu. because he shipped in a PWE.
If the seller has thousands of Post. who is gonna look to say oh this buyer was happy but the seller shipped in a PWE. Now if the seller had negs. or neu's. because of PWE's I WOULD see that more.

(12-29-2011, 05:52 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Ebay needs to add a shipping calculator to all auctions, that automatically figures out the exact postage, and that is all a seller should be allowed to charge,
But they do.... Don't they ?
I sold a few cards and thought it was an option...

I normally list a card with free shipping anyways. And I won't ship and a PWE either..

(12-29-2011, 05:57 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: No chance Id ever leave positive even if a full refund is given. To charge $4.99 for s/h in the first place is a rip but then to send in PWE is just plain wrong. If refund is given go with a neutral and hit his star ratings hard.
Exactly. BECAUSE they shipped in a PWE. I would not give a positive.

give him negative period. Seller needs to learn to ship the right way. If not no telling how many more times he is gonna rip the next buyer and use absolute no protective shipping mailers.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(12-29-2011, 06:17 PM)keaponlaffin Wrote: his cost was not even 1.10 its 88 cents for the two stamps plus what maybe 1 or 2 cents for the pwe had he sent it in a bubble mailer it still would have been to much but i would have left positive feedback since i accepted the shipping amount when i bid what i did not expect and do not accept is the pwe
you also have to figure in the cost of the top loader and penny sleeve, as well as the cost of the envelope in the shipping charges.

basically shipping cost should be like this

top loader + penny sleeve + envelope + postage = shipping cost
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

fair enough shezdoni so more then 88 cents still no where near 4.99 still no excuse for pwe and no excuse for not responding to my email he has one more day to respond then he will get a negative feedback
[Image: 49ers.jpg]

(12-29-2011, 05:52 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Too many sellers are using excessive shipping charges to pad their losses, Charging $4.99 in a padded envelope, with dc, top loader and penny sleeve is $3 too much as it is only costing them around $2 to ship using paypal shipping.
Oh I agree - honestly if the seller is charging more than $2.50 I most likely won't even bid. THAT'S the buyer responsibility I'm talking about. If I think a seller is charging too much, I don't bid and then complain later.

Quote:Shipping in a PWE and charging $4.99 is the same thing as stealing to me, because your trying to tell the customer it cost them in $5 to ship, when it only cost them around $1.25

See to me, in this context, you can only be 'stolen' from if you allow yourself to be. I don't care what the seller's charge for S&H is - it could be $20 for all I care. If the seller's charge is $20 and I will only pay $25 - I just bid $5. That way the seller can't 'steal' a penny more than I wanted to pay.

And like I said, I think a lot of angst is caused by the false assumption that other bidders aren't adjusting their bids as well. If I win that $20 S/H auction for $5, it would be incorrect to assume that if the S/H charge was $3 that I would still win it for $5.

I know most people don't agree with me on the issue, and I can live with that. I just think a lot of the ire on this issue is self-inflicted, and I wish more people could see that.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(12-29-2011, 05:57 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: No chance Id ever leave positive even if a full refund is given. To charge $4.99 for s/h in the first place is a rip but then to send in PWE is just plain wrong. If refund is given go with a neutral and hit his star ratings hard.
+1. Anything less rewards the seller with positive feedback for attempting to screw you. The fact that they "made it right" is like when a burglar gets caught with a bag of jewelry and has to "give it back" once caught. Oh, well he gave it back, then all is forgiven.
Furthermore, I get the "charging more for shipping to offset the low sell price of the card" thing - and I generally believe anything more than $3 is excessive for a single card, but 4.95 for a single card (im assuming here) but shipped in a PWE is robbery.
Yeah, I bid on cards occasionally that have a higher than $3 shipping fee if i really want the card, and sometimes i forget to check (shame on me). But if that card arrived in a PWE, good shape or not - i'd be pizzed.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(12-30-2011, 10:26 AM)bselje Wrote: +1. Anything less rewards the seller with positive feedback for attempting to screw you. The fact that they "made it right" is like when a burglar gets caught with a bag of jewelry and has to "give it back" once caught. Oh, well he gave it back, then all is forgiven.
Furthermore, I get the "charging more for shipping to offset the low sell price of the card" thing - and I generally believe anything more than $3 is excessive for a single card, but 4.95 for a single card (im assuming here) but shipped in a PWE is robbery.
Yeah, I bid on cards occasionally that have a higher than $3 shipping fee if i really want the card, and sometimes i forget to check (shame on me). But if that card arrived in a PWE, good shape or not - i'd be pizzed.
Thanks you bse. I was trying to think of a word to explain what I was talking about with ceo. And this fits perfectly.

Well I gave the seller 3 days to respond and they chose to ignore me so negative feedback has been left for them. Hopefully other potential buyers will see the warning and either not bid or contact the seller prior to bidding to insure that he will not ship there cards in a pwe.
[Image: 49ers.jpg]