`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collecting vs. Supercollecting

RE: Collecting vs. Supercollecting
I consider myself a supercollector of Steven Jackson. I own every RC of his plus a ton of other stuff (1/1's, auto jersey. auto mini helmet...etc...) but I think supercollecting is in the eye of the beholder. Others may have a ton more Jackson stuff than I have, but I still consider myself a "supercollector" I guess it just depends on how you would like to word it!
Steven Jackson Collection
Total cards = 1,648
Autos = 376
Patches = 341
1/1’s = 94
Full rainbows = 24!

(12-28-2011, 09:20 AM)drew1473 Wrote: This might be a really dumb question, but I will ask it anyway. Can somebody tell me what the difference in collecting and supercollecting is? I am curious as to everybody's individual interpretations of the definition.
For me. I would consider myself a Super Collector of Jerry Rice. I have over 2,800 different Rice cards. Some are the same card but have something different about them. For example a Jersey card If it has a different color of the piece of jersey I usually end up keeping it. SOMETIMES.........
I have small collections of other players I collect. BUT if I had to pick between winning a Rice card or another player in my collection RICE wins out hands down.

Another example is the 1990 Topps 1,00 yard clubs. or the 90's Topps cards some had variations with the printing on the back. And I have some of those.

(12-28-2011, 11:02 AM)pbean Wrote: exactly ..... well said, this is what collecting is all about Smile
+1...
(12-28-2011, 01:43 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: To me, I see being a "super collector" as one who collects everything pretaining to that particular player, team, etc. You know, odd ball items, cards, mags, pics, figures, etc. That's what I would consider a "super collector" if you would. Just my opinion.

Good question and a cool topic by the waySmile
also a great point..
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

I used to think I was "supercollecting" Barry Sanders. However, I do not collect everything.
Cards I love. Memorabilia is awesome. Magazines are ok.
I DRAW THE LINE AT BEANIE BABIES. NO WAY.
SLU figures I'm not a fan of either. Sweat soaked wrist bands I pass on as well.
Just my .02

I started collecting any Titans I can get, but focus mainly on Chris Johnson. I just began this in the last 18 months. I'm not rich so I can't go out and buy whatever I want. I purchase something when I get extra money or trade when it's possible. While I would like to think of myself as a "super collector", I guess my collection is too small and I don't have enough cash to be considered as such. I would love to own everything CJ/Titans, but that's never going to happen, unless I win the lottery.

Am I considered a collector or super collector of CJ?

I think it depends on what you feel you are. I'm not really trying to impress anyone or show off my collection, as it's for me. I like when someone appreciates it, but nobody is going to appreciate my collection as much as I do.
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/