`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete Sets Please read and give feedback?

Complete Sets Please read and give feedback?
Just wondering about everyone else. When you buy a hobby box do you only care about the hits or do you try and finish the base set. Or do you just do certain Inserts in the set. Just curious thought i would throw it out there.

RE: Complete Sets Please read and give feedback?
Hits. Some of the ones that have had good collation I have tried to build the sets. But mostly the hits and base, inserts of my players.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I usually just go for the hits i want, trade everything else off and hold on to whats left and if i see a guy looking for it i will usually just give my base stuff away to them and to my kiddo so she has something to start out with, she is still too young to take real good care of em just yet.

First time i found out that you can actually peel off a tin plastic type piece off a card through her lol, so not a good idea to start her out on autos just yet. My boy is on the way so im fixin to try and get both of em started collecting if they would like so that's usually where most the base stuff goes, on cardboard doll houses!
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

I try for the base set and the hits are just gravy for me. If I do well on hits but the box is poorly collated (lots of duplicate base) I'm unlikely to buy it in the future. That's what ultimately turned me away from Topps Chrome.

low end cards i'll complete the set. high end cards,it's all about the hits.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

If the set has short prints then I will try to build it,, other wise its all about the hits. I've been that way ever since the 2000 Topps set. I loved the 2005/2006 Heritage and 2005/2006 Turkey Red sets for challenge of building the set.
*** note, I'm still missing 6 sp's from the 2005 Turkey Red set.
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.
I normally send trades on Tuesday's and/or Friday's due to work.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/nynkefan7/library/?sort=6&page=1