`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other grading companies

Other grading companies
I have an adrian peterson rookie graded in a gem mint 10 but its from some company called SWG if i want to get it graded by bgs so i know its really a 10 and not a 9 or 9.5 do i send it in still slabbed or do i need to crack open the slab, and if i do need to open the slab how do i do it with out damaging the card?
[Image: 49ers.jpg]

RE: Other grading companies
IF (notice the caps) it comes back the same grade, it would come back as a 9.5 since that is the Gem Mint grade for BGS.

From what I can find, SWG=Southwest Card Grading. It looks like they've been around for awhile or may be out of business at this point. There were TONS of fly by night grading companies that didn't last and there is a reason for that, though it differs with each one.

My recommendation is to bust it out of the slab. As long as you're careful, the card will be fine. I would never submit a card in the graded slab of one company to another for regrade. Start from square one and leave out the potential for bias.

ok thanks will bust it out then maybe youtube has a video of how to do it carefully not something i have done before
[Image: 49ers.jpg]

(12-24-2011, 01:40 PM)keaponlaffin Wrote: ok thanks will bust it out then maybe youtube has a video of how to do it carefully not something i have done before
There are tons of videos on YouTube on how to break various slabs. Some are easier than others but they all break and you can get any card out of any holder with zero damage. Patience is the key.

BGS will charge $13 extra per card for a cracking re-grading fee if you are not comfortable removing it from the slab, or feel that the card may get damaged. Not sure if this is clearly listed on their Grading site since it is under renovation.

does anyone know if Beckett price matches specials from the other 2 main grading companies?