`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1995-96 Select Certified

1995-96 Select Certified
So my wife and I were shopping at Meijer (a walmart type store for those of you who do not know) and we were looking at the hockey cards. I just finished up a set so i'm allowed to start collecting another. Since they do not sell much at the stores around me, I decided to start on the 2011-12 Score. However, when pulling away that box there was a box of 1995-96 Select Certified hobby box behind it. It is still factory sealed but it looks like it's been sitting on the shelf forever. My wife picked it up and said i had to buy it. I'm not big on collecting 1990's cards because of the value and hardness of finishing the sets, but she insisted i buy it. said it was like magical or something. Like its been sitting in the backroom of Meijer for years and somebody finally came across it and threw it out on the shelf and it waited for somebody to come along and buy it. Like that old book in the bookstore that nobody wants, but some kid comes along and finds out its the never ending story book. Anyway, I digress. The question i have is we paid 39.99 for it and i'm skeptical because i kinda don't want it. but she does. ha! so i'm going to have more cards that i dont really want. So, did i get a good value on this little box? or was it over priced for whats in it. Just curious on people's opinion on these oldies.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

RE: 1995-96 Select Certified
Well, I am not sure if you overpaid or not, but I think you did all right. Certified was one of the premier sets from the 90's and some of the cards still command a decent book value, depending on who you get. Also, the base cards from that year are ausome. If you pull a Lemieux Certified Gold parallel or any of the inserts let me know.

you made out in my mind... as I enjoy that and it is one of the last years you can pull true Whaler cards Big Grin
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Pulled the
1995-96 Select Certified Mirror Gold #23 Wayne Gretzky BV40
1995-96 Select Certified Double Strike Gold #15 Mark Messier BV25
and the majority of the cards are BV 1 or higher, So i would say it wasn't a bad investment at all. Glad she found it cause now i've got another set ot finish up. BOOM! too bad it didn't have a winning lotto ticket in it.
As far as inserts pulled, These are the ones i got:
Mirror Gold - 14 Mark Messier
Mirror Gold - 122 Daniel Alfredsson
Mirror Gold - 22 Alexandre Daigle
Mirror Gold - 23 Wayne Gretzky
Future - 6 Brian Holzinger
Gold Team - 6 Brett Hull
Double Striek Gold - 15 Mark Messier
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

Nice break. Nice Gretzky hits. Can't go wrong with that.

you did well congrats
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Not to bad. Congrats. Good luck on the set!!