`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLEASE READ

RE: PLEASE READ
i saw and ignored the post at first and when people started saying they'ed send stuff, i started thinking i must be a selfish prick, but looks like i was right. My apartment was actually broken into last year and all they did with my cards is launch them accross the room looking for a quick sell. Nobody steals cards (except high value things from card shows/stores)
Pretty much trying to work on my YG PC.

Damn, And here i thought i'd finally get rid of some of those upper deck sergei samsonov jersey cards i have. For some reason, Out of those mixed pack boxes with guaranteed jersey cards, I keep pulling the same card. And now i can finally say, 'I can't even give these cards away!'
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I've been had. I was trying to do something nice for someone for Christmas. I was hesitant however, the stuff I sent was all base and 90's eagles. It is sad that they brought their son into it. I guess that's what I get for not doing my research. Good research Greg, and Prime, I hear ya on those Samsonovs'!!! lol. Happy Holidays everyone!

(12-22-2011, 12:33 AM)alto4life Wrote: I've been had. I was trying to do something nice for someone for Christmas. I was hesitant however, the stuff I sent was all base and 90's eagles. It is sad that they brought their son into it. I guess that's what I get for not doing my research. Good research Greg, and Prime, I hear ya on those Samsonovs'!!! lol. Happy Holidays everyone!
Apparently the generosity typifying our community is rivaled only by the lack of cynicism in it. Though the actual outcomes were less than perfect, it warms my heart to see so many volunteer to give cards to a collector who said he needed your help.

Thanks of course to veteran greg2424 who's encountered this profile enough times to shine a light on the situation. To the OP, I hope that you see what a small person you are for having taken advantage of the kindness of others.

The Hockey Forum is a place where there are still good and earnest people who will take you at face value, the tradeoff being that opportunistic individuals can bilk a few members out of a few cards. Maybe that's changing, but I kinda hope not. mrjenka82's sad life oughtn't dampen the optimism embodied by so many in our community...people like the poster above.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(12-21-2011, 09:36 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: Damn, And here i thought i'd finally get rid of some of those upper deck sergei samsonov jersey cards i have. For some reason, Out of those mixed pack boxes with guaranteed jersey cards, I keep pulling the same card. And now i can finally say, 'I can't even give these cards away!'
I'll take one? lol atleast I'm honest lol its just for me Tongue lol Merry Christmas everyone! Tongue lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

I remember sending Crosby cards, once burned twice shy. Greg's post prompted me to also look into this fellows other posts, seems he is now sending pm to some members telling them to shut-up.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

(12-22-2011, 01:16 AM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Apparently the generosity typifying our community is rivaled only by the lack of cynicism in it. Though the actual outcomes were less than perfect, it warms my heart to see so many volunteer to give cards to a collector who said he needed your help.

Thanks of course to veteran greg2424 who's encountered this profile enough times to shine a light on the situation. To the OP, I hope that you see what a small person you are for having taken advantage of the kindness of others.

The Hockey Forum is a place where there are still good and earnest people who will take you at face value, the tradeoff being that opportunistic individuals can bilk a few members out of a few cards. Maybe that's changing, but I kinda hope not. mrjenka82's sad life oughtn't dampen the optimism embodied by so many in our community...people like the poster above.
Very well said, Al. It is really good to see that there still are so many helpful and generous members of the community! But to have that torn apart by a person so shallow as to give us the story that was put forth is just despicable! I give cards to people for nothing in return all of the time to help them out with their PC's, and would do it again in a heartbeat! I just do not want to encourage people who take advantage of the generosity others put forth, so in a situation like this, I will usually hold off.

Most people here in the Beckett community know that I am going through a very rough time myself, but I could not imagine putting that forward to other people to try and philander cards and bilk them of their graciousness. There are too many people that are kind and generous that have stopped being that way, due to scams like this one. It shameful.

To mrjenka82: if your situation is true and these sad things did happen to you, then I hope and pray that your family has a great turn-around and find all that you need soon. If it happened a long time ago, and you are just using it to prey on the generosity of the people here in the Beckett Community, then I hope that you realize that you are massively in the wrong. There is nothing lower than someone who will use their child as bait, or in any other way than as another to nurture, learn from and give the best to. Either way, I feel and pray for you!

Randi

I was going through this tool's old posts as well after I read the thread here. From what I read, it says that the ONLY card he had that survived all this crap that supposedly happened, was a 89 UD Griffey RC Which was "in a safe upstairs, in the back corner of a closet that the robbers never got to". In another post, he claims to have lost Payton (I will assume Walter), and Multiple Vick Auto/GU Rookies. Ummmm, why are THOSE not in the safe?