`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is it that...

RE: Why is it that...
Aside from the Bowman chrme prospects autos, all of mine are sold or traded. I would much more want Schmidt , Perez , Foster , Stargell Ryan etc autos for my pc. I'm even thinking about selling all non-Pirate prospect autos I have now.

RE: Why is it that...
(12-22-2011, 09:42 AM)ceocards Wrote: On extremely rare, high grade cards (that is, cards that are normally sold through the big name auction houses) that may be the case. But those "investment grade" cards are the exception, not the norm.
The problem with HOT prospect cards is that they have a 3-4 year life span on investment. They are expensive on release without room for much growth. If they don't become the next Pujols within 3-4 years, hopefully those investors don't have those cards in their hands. Let's see Alex Gordon, Billy Butler, David Price, Evan Longeria, Stephen Drew, etc. (steam gone). You can always buy packs and pull hot prospect RCs. Try doing that for vintage without taking out a loan. Too many variables when it comes to prospects (team's market value, player's exposure, and can they live up to their hype). Bryce Harper will be the next J.D. Drew. After that, investors will be waiting for the next hyped player to invest in. Prospects are backed by marketing, not performance. And when the marketing focus on other players, the cards slide no matter what the player does (ie. Matt Kemp).

I'll take a $1000 Jackie Robinson or Lou Gehrig over a $1000 Superfractor of a hot prospect any day.
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]