`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Console my soul. :)

RE: Console my soul. :)
(12-21-2011, 01:08 PM)toddap79 Wrote: was this part of your pistons collect, or just the commons?

i have a closet full of all my cards, that i need to get rid of.
All of the Pistons that I gave away were doubles of my Pistons collection. NOT ONCE did it ever cross my mind to get rid of any of my Pistons collection. That is still kept tightly packed away. Smile

And that's exactly what I did. I have a put together shelf set (very sturdy, I think it's a workshop type set) that can have three levels (but only have it as two levels) that I kept everything on in my closet. The top level had all of the boxes and the bottom level was filled side to side with binders of sets I was collecting. Now I only have about 5-6 boxes with cards in them (2 empty boxes) that have my Pistons, Red Wings, Tigers, and Lions PCs in. Now I have more room for them. Smile But I cleared the closet.

If you do send me something, all of the doubles will probably go there as well unless I can use them for trade. Of all of the Pistons doubles I had, only three were for $5 or more that I kept to trade.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

If you are considering donating cards, consider battered women's shelters. There are a whole lot of kids there that would love them. Males, however, are generally not allowed on the premises, so you may have to work that out technicality. Pick a local team, bundle them up in sets of 10 or so, and send them away. It always makes me feel good.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(12-21-2011, 01:59 PM)jonathani Wrote: If you are considering donating cards, consider battered women's shelters. There are a whole lot of kids there that would love them. Males, however, are generally not allowed on the premises, so you may have to work that out technicality. Pick a local team, bundle them up in sets of 10 or so, and send them away. It always makes me feel good.

JonathanI
^This is a great idea!

And Xstream... congrats on doing what you have done. Looks like your collection lost several pounds in a short period of time! Heheheh, I'm just happy for you.

[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(12-21-2011, 05:03 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: ^This is a great idea!

And Xstream... congrats on doing what you have done. Looks like your collection lost several pounds in a short period of time! Heheheh, I'm just happy for you.
Yeah, it did. And it feels good knowing that I could easily in one day on a weekend, scan and upload the pics for all of my tradeable cards. Smile I hope to do that before I bust those 5 blasters so that whatever I get out of them I can scan and upload in the system too. Smile Going to try to keep it up to date and update my Photobucket. Smile

Congrats on giving the cards away!
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

Christmas is almost here xstream...you can start the rebuilding process in just 3 short days!! Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

What I still fail to understand is how you can just leave all that unopened wax sit there without busting it.

(12-22-2011, 02:06 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Christmas is almost here xstream...you can start the rebuilding process in just 3 short days!! Smile
Yeah, I know. I went to Wal-Mart to pick up the gift my sister got for my boys and grabbed sleeves so I'm ready....

NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY SLEEVES FROM WAL-MART!!!!!

Those sleeves suck. I can't slide through the cards when they are all in sleeves, they stick/cling together. They're too big height wise (but they fit in the box, so ok). The sides of the sleeves are stuck together in some instances (easy to pull off thought). I'm sticking to BCW sleeves. Here's to hoping I have $60 on the 6th to order me that box. Smile
(12-22-2011, 02:13 PM)folkertino Wrote: What I still fail to understand is how you can just leave all that unopened wax sit there without busting it.
You have no idea how hard it is. I keep telling myself, "You know, I can just open one of the SkyBox boxes and leave the other one for Christmas" but then I tell myself "this is an addiction, you have to be able to control it". lol. I did get all of the cards I have for trade sleeved though and tonight I'm going to scan them in the system. I made sure that all are listed in my Organize for trade too so I know exactly what's in the box. I need to test out my camera on my computer to make sure it takes good videos and see if I have any video editing software on my computer (not sure what 7 comes with).

Here's what I'm going to do. When I open my presents and see what the other three blasters are, I'm going to put a post up here and see what order everyone thinks I should bust them in. Smile I don't expect many responses, but by 5 or 6 on Christmas I'll start ripping into them. Smile