`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Console my soul. :)

RE: Console my soul. :)
I'll call up there tomorrow and see if they'll take them. Hopefully they will.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

You're doing a good thing! Donating cards to those in need and allowing yourself to start anew. It's strange to just give up so many cards though...you always try to convince yourself somebody will need your set fillers, misc. RCs, etc., but in the end for every card you donate that somebody might need, 100 would have just languished in your collection forever! Good luck starting fresh xstream.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Hey Jason, here is some cards I gave away to Ronald McDonald's House:

[Image: DSCF6126.jpg]

I felt good giving it to kids.

I got this in the mail a few weeks later unexpectedly:

[Image: scan00011.jpg]
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

(12-20-2011, 01:37 AM)tmakact7 Wrote: I got this in the mail a few weeks later unexpectedly:

[Image: scan00011.jpg]
err, ok... pardon me, but that brings a little tear to my eyes. color me a whimpy

I also have tons of cards that will never go anywhere because they're in too bad a condition to be traded. However those are all from when I started collecting in the 90's and I am actually still a bit attached to them although I never look at them... Perhaps somewhere in the future I can detach myself from the cardboard and give them away too.

well done all of you for your charitable work.

(12-20-2011, 03:57 AM)folkertino Wrote: err, ok... pardon me, but that brings a little tear to my eyes. color me a whimpy

I also have tons of cards that will never go anywhere because they're in too bad a condition to be traded. However those are all from when I started collecting in the 90's and I am actually still a bit attached to them although I never look at them... Perhaps somewhere in the future I can detach myself from the cardboard and give them away too.

well done all of you for your charitable work.
+1 on being whimpy awesome story I would frame the card.

Thanks guys. And that's a great story TMakAct7. I have about twice that that I will be giving up. I only got half way through last night grabbing out the tradeable/sellable ones (Jordan, Kobe, James). I almost thought about grabbing all HOFers (Malone, Stockton, Barkley, etc.) but I figure if I've had them for years and nobody has wanted them yet, I don't need to hold onto them for more years. If I had enough team bags, I would be even nicer and break them up into 50 card lots so it was easier for them to give out, but I don't have many team bags. Maybe they'll just use zip lock bags (and not rubber bands, lol).

I'm hoping to finish them up tonight so that way I can take them wherever tomorrow. This way whoever gets them will have them there before Christmas. Do you think I should give them my grocery bag full of sleeves? I'm thinking about buying a box early next year of a 100 pack from BO, and 10,000 sleeves is more than enough for a while. Smile

As for starting fresh, I have three more blasters to start fresh with, but I'm a little concerned about 3 of them. lol. Two of them are 2008-09 SkyBox that I bought on Black Friday. Three of them I received in my package from my dad yesterday with the presents for the kids. They were wrapped, but here's what I can tell you. One of them is an oversized blaster and the only ones I can think of like that are 2007-08 Topps (already have the whole set and base variation set) and 2007-08 Hot Prospects (already have 1-60 and many of the inserts). Best case scenario is getting a Durant RC in there, lol. The other two are regular sized but kind of heavy. I have a feeling they're mixed boxes. Now, I love mixed boxes to a point, because sometimes you can get lucky, but I don't like the Press Pass packs, the filler packs (2007-08 UD, UD First Edition, Topps, etc.) and I never get anything great out of them. But hey, it gives me 5 boxes to break on Christmas. Smile I'm going to try to video each break.

(12-20-2011, 09:45 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Thanks guys. And that's a great story TMakAct7. I have about twice that that I will be giving up. I only got half way through last night grabbing out the tradeable/sellable ones (Jordan, Kobe, James). I almost thought about grabbing all HOFers (Malone, Stockton, Barkley, etc.) but I figure if I've had them for years and nobody has wanted them yet, I don't need to hold onto them for more years. If I had enough team bags, I would be even nicer and break them up into 50 card lots so it was easier for them to give out, but I don't have many team bags. Maybe they'll just use zip lock bags (and not rubber bands, lol).
Well, I have a whole backpack still full of team bags (20 cards per) that I plan to give to the childrens hospital. So, it's about 200+ packs of team bags in my backpack. I only kept less than 1% of all of the cards I had. I enjoy giving back to the community and putting smiles on kids faces. They are the ones who will truly make or break this hobby.
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

I hear you about the mixed boxes xstream, but I like the 07-08 topps packs in there, i think literally every time I've pulled either the base Durant RC or the 57-58 variations RC. That's pretty much your $ back in trade value alone. My best hit was the retail 07-08 Durant Ultra Lucky 13...it actually books the same as the regular version b/c Durant RC stuff is so hot.

I'm actually headed to wal-mart in a bit anyway and I'll probably bust another one...which is sad b/c when I get back to NC I have 2 nice old school boxes waiting for me (97-98 bowman's best, 1996 SPx) but I gotta scratch the itch at least once while i'm away from home!

And I still think donating to a kids' foundation is the best route...good luck with all the sorting and hours of legwork, but it will feel way more than worth it!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Well after these two mixed boxes, I hope to never get any like that again. Smile I'm actually going to start buying single base from the Marketplace to try and fill sets. I've narrowed them down again to ones that are less than 60 left to complete the set. Then, after I've finished those sets, I'm going after one set at a time. Maybe buy a box or two of the product (hobby, not retail) and then fill that set. That's going to be difficult seeing as how I want to get a look at them first, but I want to buy them presell to get a discount.

But yeah, I know it'll be worth it. Knowing I don't have to sort through thousands of cards and 20+ boxes to get the cards needed for a trade. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the volume down. Bust, try to trade, then sell what I can't trade (if I can sell it). This way I'll always have something PC coming in if I do it right. Smile

I just got off the phone with the Children's Hospital and they are going to take them. I talked to the Ronald McDonald House and they said that they have about 80 babies, so to try the hospital first. Think I should split them up so some of the dad's at the Ronald McDonald House can have some to play with too? Smile