`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sooo excited...my first Museum piece!

RE: sooo excited...my first Museum piece!
Its a great pickup and a steal congrats.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

thanks bro, I intend on putting it on a nicedisplay with my other fossils
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

That is a fantastic piece! I don't know if they are real pieces of mammoth femur or not, but they sure are nice either way! Congrats on the great find!

Randi

Still a nice card!!! Congrats!!

SWEETNESS CONGRATS
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I wanted to be naturalist/paleontologist as a kid so I for one LOVE 08-09 Champs. From what I understand, there are tons of fossils floating around that science/museums no longer have any use for. I see absolutely nothing suspicious or morally questionable in slicing up a few of these bones and sharing the love amongst those handful of collectors who've always been into this stuff. Here's one of my all-time best pulls:

[Image: WoollyMammothFemur.jpg]

I'm really thrilled for you man...congratulations.

LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(12-19-2011, 02:27 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: I wanted to be naturalist/paleontologist as a kid so I for one LOVE 08-09 Champs. From what I understand, there are tons of fossils floating around that science/museums no longer have any use for. I see absolutely nothing suspicious or morally questionable in slicing up a few of these bones and sharing the love amongst those handful of collectors who've always been into this stuff. Here's one of my all-time best pulls:

[Image: WoollyMammothFemur.jpg]

I'm really thrilled for you man...congratulations.
I agree fully bro, As a paleontology/archeology major, you can imagine the amount of stuff that comes into a museum, most of which isn't display quality (which judging from the degredation on my piece is the case here). Frankly, I love the fact that, while many collectors can't afford a full mammoth bone, they can atleast have a small part (can you imagine how many slices you could get from one of these bad boys? lol

Also bro, if you wanna trade that you lmk, it's actually the version I want, but couldn't find. I wanna get it framed with my mammoth hair, it'd look amazing. LMK! Thanks everyone!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75