`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toys R Us - What are they smoking?

Toys R Us - What are they smoking?
We went to Toys R Us to do some Toys for Tots shopping earlier today. I wanted to contribute a couple of blasters to the drive and had heard that they sold them there so figured I would scope it out. Boy was I disappointed! They had a great variety of blasters and rack packs. What got me was the price. The Topps Chrome blasters (or well most any other blaster for that matter) sell for $19.99 at Wal-Mart. Take a guess as to what these cost at Toys R Us. .......... That's right $31.99! In fact that was the average price point for all of their blasters. I wonder how they can sell these for such a high price. And why anyone who knows anything about cards would even pay that price. It appeared that no one had really purchased them at this price as most products were fully stocked. Maybe Toy's R Us gets hot blasters? I will never know. We went to Wal-Mart to get the blaster's for the Toys for Tots program.
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

RE: Toys R Us - What are they smoking?
Yeah, Toys R Us is expensive on a lot of stuff. I normally dont do blasters, due to the fact that I have HORRIBLE luck with them, but on the occasion when I do, wallly world is usually the best place.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

They are expensive as heck and will probably be one of the next big businesses to go under in the near future. I can get toys for the kiddo, same ones for about half price on walmart and ebay. It makes no sense why they do business this way as its a great place for kids.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

TRU sucks... They will go under in the very near future I am sure of it...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

I live in Spenard, I'll show you.
First time's free..........
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Toy's R Us has the best selection of toys and usually has them in stock. Why? Because once someone sees the prices, they usually walk out the store, and the inventory remains plentiful. It's sad that they charge $27.99 for a blaster, plus a dollar more for packs than most places. It's a joke that people go in there just to get a bonus gift card all because TRU is ripping them off. Truth be known, the only thing I buy there is Mcfarlanes, cuz I can't get them anywhere else, or perhaps their "only at TRU" limited items. I beleive they have gone to bankruptcy what, twice already?
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

TRU closed in our town a few years ago. Guess why? Prices were crazy there.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

The newest football mcfarlanes are at Wally mart by my house... I picked up a Dez Bryant last night for a buddy for Christmas... Smile
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(12-17-2011, 06:19 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: They are expensive as heck and will probably be one of the next big businesses to go under in the near future. I can get toys for the kiddo, same ones for about half price on walmart and ebay. It makes no sense why they do business this way as its a great place for kids.
I agree with the price on cards but a lot of there stuff was cheaper than walmart.
Video games especially. Also the bike we bought. Roller blades were alot cheaper. My nephew is into beyblades and they were also cheaper at toys R us.
My advice is to just check both websites prices before buying anywhere.
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

Toys R Us used to be the best place on earth when I was like 8....Now I wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole. I dont think the ones in my area even carry cards. For that matter neither do the Walmarts...All I have is Target and their selection doesnt seem to be as good as the ones I here everybody talking about on Beckett. I guess cards are less popular in my area. Sad
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%