`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds/Padres Trade

Reds/Padres Trade
Horrible for the Reds, what were they thinking? Latos is an OK pitcher, but to give up a decent starter (Volquez), one of the best young hitters (Yonder Alonso), their first round pick (Grandal) and some other guy (Brad Boxberger) for Mat Latos? Gave up way too much, I'm just mad they got rid of Alonso at all.
These are now FT:
[Image: cards059.jpg] TTM auto

[Image: cards020-1-2.jpg]

[Image: cards5-1-1.jpg] (He signed with the Rockies)

[Image: card015.jpg] And this only has 1 Red on it now, it's Phillips/Vólquez/Encarnación /35
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

RE: Reds/Padres Trade
I hate to see Latos go because I think he hasn't lived up to his full potential and I strongly believe he has the potential to win the cy young award but I love what we got in return. We were in dire need of some offense.

Aren't those young Reds hitters people who have talented other players blocking their path in playing their real positions? (Devin Mesoraco and Joey Votto) Nice to have, but if they can't get them on the field enough they go to waste. I am led to believe Latos is a great pitcher, though the only games I've watched of his he did not back up his trash talk - good fit for the Reds then? ha ha.

They are blocked, but don't you think they could have gotten a LOT more than just Mat Latos?
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

latos is a stud. think about this- votto or alonzo? grandal or mesoraco? i think they made the right choices. volquez is more of a liability then anything over the last couple years.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

I think Volquez will do better at Petco

I like the trade for the padres. But I don't think they are not done trading they now have two young 1st baseman that probally can't handle left or right field in pecto. Either Rizzo or Alonso will be at first. And I wonder what they will do with Chase Headley. If he stays at 3rd then they would have to move Jedd Gyorko to probally a corner outfield spot. Seems like they have two many good young players at the same spots.
[Image: wvufan101.png]

Headley, Rizzo and Blanks have to be on the trading block right now.

I keep hearing rumors about Carlos Quentin coming to us from the White Sox.

I think Gyorko will turn out to be a better player than Headley.

Latos is 23 and will be the Reds best pitcher. He did struggle a little last year, but he was absolutely dominant in 2010. Alonso has not done anything to prove himself - he may be a bust. I think it was a great trade on both ends.
[Image: braunsig.png]

I haven't heard Rizzo's name yet but I reckon they will at least consider it now. I think they should trade headley now plus if you factor in rizzo they could probally go get a brett jackson and some more pitching from a team like the cubs. jackson would be a great corner of in pecto imo. would be a win win for both clubs.
[Image: wvufan101.png]