`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds/Padres Trade

RE: Reds/Padres Trade
It's going to be interesting how things play out for the Padres. I think some more deals are being lined up.

(12-17-2011, 03:58 PM)ELevin99 Wrote: Latos is 23 and will be the Reds best pitcher. He did struggle a little last year, but he was absolutely dominant in 2010. Alonso has not done anything to prove himself - he may be a bust. I think it was a great trade on both ends.
Johnny Cueto is better than Mat Latos. Better ERA at one of the best hitters parks. And Alonso's 2011 stats: .330, 5 HR, .943 OPS in 88 AB

And kelbysdaddy, I know I would rather have Votto and Mesoraco playing than Alonso and Grandal, but that doesn't mean you can't do a better trade
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I do believe Latos numbers were better on the road...

Given the Padres commitment to fiscal responsibility over winning a championship - they need to stock pile assets. Latos is a solid pitcher, Peavyish. Petco will always allow the Padres to fill the staff with solid, but not great pitching -aaron Harang. Padres have some good position players in mid-minors ( San Antonio was stacked with pitching and hitting) - they have such potential depth that they can now trade for vetern pieces that if timed right will result in a few winning seasons and maybe another world series run (Nettles/Garvey/Gossage).
That all said - I like the future, but the next season or two will be miserable.

padres need another bat.....beltran ?
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

We got Quentin : )