`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your take on this? Upper Deck ripoff

What's your take on this? Upper Deck ripoff
Would just like some feedback on this case?

I received a 2010-11 Artifacts Jordan Eberle redemption card that was peeling at the bottom so I sent it back for a replacement. It was my second Erberle so I wrote a note saying that if they wanted they could replace the card with a Phil Kessel PC card of similar value.

So, finally got my package and what was in it? A Phil Kessel bronze jersey out of 150 valued at 2/3 less then the Eberle RC card.

Is this normal or have I been riped-off?

Thanks

RE: What's your take on this? Upper Deck ripoff
I would say that you got ripped pretty hard! Try talking to them and see what they say.

Randi

call them and talk to them politely and you be fine
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I'd say shortchanged rather than ripped off, especially to the rep. I've heard good things about how reasonable they are if you point out the BV discrepancy.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

When dealing with Customer service reps, the phrase "kill'em with kindness" is a good rule of thumb.

I've got to back these guys up, tact always wins with customer service folks. I called up and explained a box shortage and not only did they send me the missing auto hit, they sent me an auto'd patch to make up for the box being a loser. Great service from UD every time I've dealt with them, so they'll be a lot of help if you're cool with them.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

Upper Deck has definitely stepped up their customer service since Panini has come on the scene. Now that they're not the only game in town anymore, their complaint box is sifted through a bit more regularly . . .

I'd follow up (nicely) for sure . . . plus, it's Christmas time, make sure you play that angle too lol.
Go Habs Go!!! Always collecting Montreal Canadiens cards. Especially Price, Roy, Subban and Saku Koivu.

I'd say you got ripped off. Contact them again!!

contact them
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I just received a replacement card from Upper Deck and I truly feel ripped off. I bought a case of 2010 Exquisite and one of the cards was a redemption for a Jersey Tri Fold Signature book numbered to 10, I waited over 7 months on. I received a 2007 Rookie Threads Calvin Johnson Auto numbered to 25. I called Upper Deck and he told me that since Beckett would never price the card they did research on EBay and found that the redemption would only get around $80 so they felt like the trade was a fair deal. I asked for the EBay item number so I could buy it and he couldn’t give it to me. So I bought a Corvette and was sent a Malibu and I’m supposed to be happy. They said the Rookies that would be on the card are not the top rookies like Cam Newton they didn’t even know the correct year. I paid $1500 for a case of cards and got a card from a $20 a pack product. When I asked him to name the Rookies that would be on the cards he couldn’t name any and besides that the redemption doesn’t even say they were rookie players signing. I will never buy anything from upper deck and will tell everyone I talk to about cards to never buy from them again.

This is from the Brag pictures on the blog.
"Oh yes, we did. Look for tri-fold book cards featuring Peyton Manning/Troy Aikman/Jim Kelly, Jimmy Clausen/Joe Theismann/Paul Hornung, Adrain Peterson/Sam Bradford/Billy Sims and much more!"
I guess this was a lie.