`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non paying bidder

RE: Non paying bidder
(12-18-2011, 06:11 PM)eazy e Wrote: OK, Thats what I was thinking.

No they dont. Maybe that is something new they do to beginning sellers or something. I get my money as soon as they pay.
ya its a new thing, you gotta have sold amount amount or they will hold it for a time, sucks
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

As far as Ebay catering towards buyers. The only thing I can think of is, since the economy crashed I bet there are way more sellers than buyers out there and maybe this is there way of encouraging more buying.....
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

I had a guy a couple of weeks ago win a card for $2.00 plus $3.00 S&H. Heard nothing from him for a week until I sent a message stating that I would be opening a case. Finally got a reply asking if I could wait another week til he got paid. Maybe this comes off a bit cruel but if you are struggling to make payment on a $5.00 item then you probably shouldn't be buying it to begin with. What's next? you are going to count out change for your cigarettes?

What I hate even more than that though, is the guy who snipes an item from someone else within the last minute and doesn't bother to pay til 2 or 3 days later. I think that if you are logged on when you win a bid you should have to pay period! Or if you were off, then you should have to pay upon logging back on. There shouldn't be any of this waiting crap. Plain and simple if you don't have the funds to make the purchase don't bid.
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

I cant understand not paying right away the longer it takes you to pay the longer it will be before you get what you bid on so why wait? I always pay right away so i can get my stuff asap
[Image: 49ers.jpg]

(12-18-2011, 02:14 PM)eazy e Wrote: Dont I need to wait for the case to resolve? I dont want to get charged Final Value Fee. And yes its total hogwash.
You can close the case on the 4th day. Response or not.
(12-18-2011, 04:43 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: I dont know man, ebay is messing up by over protecting the buyer and stiffing the seller. I am not sure what you can do for certain as i never had a case like this one, but ebay has got to have some sort of protection for a seller too. All a person has gotta do is say i never received it or the packaging was damaged and item fell out, blah blah blah etc.

On top of all that ebay/paypal holds your payment till the buyer decides ok i will will verify and leave good feedback.
Ebay makes more money off the buyers.

You list an auction they get a few cents. You sell an auction they get more.

THIS is why I think ebay has turned into a buyers site.

And on that second part.
Ohhh don't I know it. I sold these 4 cards. The buyer apparently only rec'd 1 of them. $200 I was out. Not including FVF...... Thing is the buyer NEVER mes me on ebay. Just filed the claim through pp.......
(12-18-2011, 02:29 PM)eazy e Wrote: Thats pretty lame... item was won on 12/11 so its already been a week, now he wants me to wait another 5-6 days I dont think so...A transaction on Ebay isnt any different then anywhere else. Can you wait 2 weeks to pay for cards at Target? NO
Sounds to me like the buyer wants you to close the case and STILL not pay.
(12-18-2011, 06:13 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: ya its a new thing, you gotta have sold amount amount or they will hold it for a time, sucks
As far as I know. They only HOLD the funds if a case is opened against the seller.
(12-19-2011, 04:25 AM)kennycooks Wrote: I had a guy a couple of weeks ago win a card for $2.00 plus $3.00 S&H. Heard nothing from him for a week until I sent a message stating that I would be opening a case. Finally got a reply asking if I could wait another week til he got paid. Maybe this comes off a bit cruel but if you are struggling to make payment on a $5.00 item then you probably shouldn't be buying it to begin with. What's next? you are going to count out change for your cigarettes?

What I hate even more than that though, is the guy who snipes an item from someone else within the last minute and doesn't bother to pay til 2 or 3 days later. I think that if you are logged on when you win a bid you should have to pay period! Or if you were off, then you should have to pay upon logging back on. There shouldn't be any of this waiting crap. Plain and simple if you don't have the funds to make the purchase don't bid.
I have had 2 guys do this.
One guy said he couldn't figure out how to pay.
The other said he tried several times and couldn't pay. So I waited the 4 days. And was like look man I'm gonna be opening a NPB could you at least respond so I can get my funds back. Low and behold he figures out how to pay LOL