`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my Michael Jordan RC real?

RE: Is my Michael Jordan RC real?
Ping, I'm going to talk to the admin and see what I can do about making a sticky with links to different sites that help out collectors, such as determining variations, determining if cards are counterfeit, etc. I might, depending on what the admin say, also have links to places to buy cards from (boxes and stuff) like BO and DA if they allow me to. I'm not sure if that last part will be allowed since Beckett has the Marketplace, but I'll find out and hopefully have something up this weekend. Thanks for the idea.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

good deal xstream, i think its worth a shot!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(12-08-2011, 09:05 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: good deal xstream, i think its worth a shot!!!!
If anyone can take pictures (preferably scans) of cards that are counterfeit and saving them so I might use them in the thread, I'd appreciate it. One thing I would like to do is also try to get scans of variations that aren't straight forward. For instance:

1990-91 Fleer #192A Harvey Grant FFC Black
1990-91 Fleer #192B Harvey Grant FFC White

I have a website that explains the differences between variations like this, but the description doesn't specify it nor does the description on the set page for those cards, so I'd like to put pictures up to show the differences. The thread may end up being really long, but should be very useful. Everyone, start putting down your thoughts and ideas for such a helpful thread.

I forget who it was, but if someone could get scans (or pictures if needed) to show the difference between some of the non-marked refractors so that can be shown as well (like 1993-94 Finest), I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

OP check that link that was posted, should get a solid answer from that link.

MJ rookies are notorious for being faked getting it graded would be a good idea IMO....like mentioned if it sounds to good to be true odds are it usually is..$750 sounds like you got a steal if the cards turn out to be legit..i hope your MJ rookie is real, let us know if you find out..

also if you could get a better scan. someone here will be able to tell you if its legit with a better pic i bet..

maybe whoever you bought the whole lot from wasnt to knowledgable in the sports card area, idk why else theyd sell for so cheap..nice buy either way

Need a scan, the picture is horrible.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

I'm shocked that so many people have been fooled in this thread. That card is fake as can be! The coloring is far to dark and just looks like a complete counterfeit! Sorry man Sad .... but with all those other rookies, then like you said, you made out ok!

(12-13-2011, 07:13 PM)bengu Wrote: I'm shocked that so many people have been fooled in this thread. That card is fake as can be! The coloring is far to dark and just looks like a complete counterfeit! Sorry man Sad .... but with all those other rookies, then like you said, you made out ok!
Check back the posts. I was pretty sure it was fake, but with the picture so horrible, it didn't seem right to just assume what I saw was fake. I think one of these posts come up once a month. There are only a few versions of the fake Jordans. They are really easy to tell after you learn what to look for. The Registered mark is the first thing I look at. If its more than half way out of the red, its fake. Then other version has the R in the red but the border is very thin. These two things are the best way to tell. Actually, the best way to tell is to buy a graded one from Beckett!