`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Redemptions from UFC Products

RE: Topps Redemptions from UFC Products
(12-25-2011, 08:14 AM)syaney Wrote: I really hope UFC re-evaluates their card contract when it is due. What Panini has done for Football and Basketball would be a welcome change for the disaster that Topps has become.
I beg to differ. I'd much rather deal with Topps than Panini, the company that doesnt answer emails, telephone calls, or return messages. I've never had a problem with any of my Topps redemptions, but I have yet to get ANY of my Panini redemptions back since day 1 with them (and I've been requesting replacements for over a yr). I'll take my chances with Topps over Panini any day.
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

I will have to take that into consideration at my LCS it seems like everyone who has redemptions from Panini are getting them back within 2-3 months of the product being released. Maybe I am just not hearing the horror stories about non redemptions. My problem with Topps is they should be able to give you a list or some sort of idea what there replacement is going to be. Replacing something from a Premium product (Knockout) with something from Series 4 or Round 2 is unacceptable.

I'm not a fan of the UFC redemption's either as I've been waiting on 6 for several months, but compared to the redemption waits from Panini of 1 - 2 years or even longer, I guess it could be worse. I know both companies get some of them out quick, but of the waits I've heard of from Panini, they are definitely longer.

Another thing I like about Topps is they put good hits in their retail product. I don't live anywhere near a card shop, and the hits in Panini's products are always junk. This isn't just my opinion, but it has been proven several times by myself and people I know. I've pulled a 1/1 Pulver relic, a Machida chrome triple relic, plus several $50 and up cards from other sports with Topps. Upper deck also put descent hits in their retail products. I hate to buy retail, but sometimes I just have to, to keep from waiting on a shipment.
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/

(12-25-2011, 05:48 PM)syaney Wrote: I will have to take that into consideration at my LCS it seems like everyone who has redemptions from Panini are getting them back within 2-3 months of the product being released. Maybe I am just not hearing the horror stories about non redemptions. My problem with Topps is they should be able to give you a list or some sort of idea what there replacement is going to be. Replacing something from a Premium product (Knockout) with something from Series 4 or Round 2 is unacceptable.
Part of me agrees, but I know Hurtando would probably disagree lol I pulled a redemption for a Hardsigned Full Contact auto of Carwin /99. They ended up replacing it with an un#ed Series 2 auto. However, BV wise, they were the same. Was it anywhere as cool as the Carwin, no, but I can't say I neccessarily got screwed in the deal.

i have a lidell/ortiz finest feud that says it was shipped and the topps website has a tracking number but it dosent show up on usps site how long does it take to ship and how does it ship? thanks

(12-26-2011, 03:17 PM)liviningston3737 Wrote: i have a lidell/ortiz finest feud that says it was shipped and the topps website has a tracking number but it dosent show up on usps site how long does it take to ship and how does it ship? thanks
The same thing happened to me for a Finest Ryan Bader Flag-Bearers Autograph Patch, it took over 2 weeks for me to actually receive the card.

Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

(12-26-2011, 03:17 PM)liviningston3737 Wrote: i have a lidell/ortiz finest feud that says it was shipped and the topps website has a tracking number but it dosent show up on usps site how long does it take to ship and how does it ship? thanks
it ships standard USPS, the only thing I can think of is they put the DC#s on them in bulk while shipping out mass quantities (pure speculation, IDK) so they can get them in to the computers. It could be all ready to in a bulk lot with 100s-1000s of others.

(12-27-2011, 06:08 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: it ships standard USPS, the only thing I can think of is they put the DC#s on them in bulk while shipping out mass quantities (pure speculation, IDK) so they can get them in to the computers. It could be all ready to in a bulk lot with 100s-1000s of others.
I had a DC for Clay Guida Knockout Auto (On card) and I received the card about 2 weeks after it posted on the website but the DC number never showed up on the USPS site.

Looks like they are starting to catch up up on sending out Redemptions, 3 of mine (1 Knockout and 2 Title Shot) are showing as being shipped today.
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

I'm showing 4 shipped today too. Glad to see them finally sending these out.
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/