`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Topps Redemptions from UFC Products
12-25-2011, 02:31 PM
RE: Topps Redemptions from UFC Products
(12-25-2011 07:14 AM)syaney Wrote:  I really hope UFC re-evaluates their card contract when it is due. What Panini has done for Football and Basketball would be a welcome change for the disaster that Topps has become.

I beg to differ. I'd much rather deal with Topps than Panini, the company that doesnt answer emails, telephone calls, or return messages. I've never had a problem with any of my Topps redemptions, but I have yet to get ANY of my Panini redemptions back since day 1 with them (and I've been requesting replacements for over a yr). I'll take my chances with Topps over Panini any day.

[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]
current sets:
2004 Sweet Spot Signatures: 27/83 (33%)
96-97 Skybox Premium Autographics: 5/93 (5%)
11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2011, 04:48 PM
I will have to take that into consideration at my LCS it seems like everyone who has redemptions from Panini are getting them back within 2-3 months of the product being released. Maybe I am just not hearing the horror stories about non redemptions. My problem with Topps is they should be able to give you a list or some sort of idea what there replacement is going to be. Replacing something from a Premium product (Knockout) with something from Series 4 or Round 2 is unacceptable.
12-25-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm not a fan of the UFC redemption's either as I've been waiting on 6 for several months, but compared to the redemption waits from Panini of 1 - 2 years or even longer, I guess it could be worse. I know both companies get some of them out quick, but of the waits I've heard of from Panini, they are definitely longer.

Another thing I like about Topps is they put good hits in their retail product. I don't live anywhere near a card shop, and the hits in Panini's products are always junk. This isn't just my opinion, but it has been proven several times by myself and people I know. I've pulled a 1/1 Pulver relic, a Machida chrome triple relic, plus several $50 and up cards from other sports with Topps. Upper deck also put descent hits in their retail products. I hate to buy retail, but sometimes I just have to, to keep from waiting on a shipment.

[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/
12-25-2011, 08:52 PM
(12-25-2011 04:48 PM)syaney Wrote:  I will have to take that into consideration at my LCS it seems like everyone who has redemptions from Panini are getting them back within 2-3 months of the product being released. Maybe I am just not hearing the horror stories about non redemptions. My problem with Topps is they should be able to give you a list or some sort of idea what there replacement is going to be. Replacing something from a Premium product (Knockout) with something from Series 4 or Round 2 is unacceptable.

Part of me agrees, but I know Hurtando would probably disagree lol I pulled a redemption for a Hardsigned Full Contact auto of Carwin /99. They ended up replacing it with an un#ed Series 2 auto. However, BV wise, they were the same. Was it anywhere as cool as the Carwin, no, but I can't say I neccessarily got screwed in the deal.

current sets:

12-26-2011, 02:17 PM
i have a lidell/ortiz finest feud that says it was shipped and the topps website has a tracking number but it dosent show up on usps site how long does it take to ship and how does it ship? thanks
12-26-2011, 02:29 PM
(12-26-2011 02:17 PM)liviningston3737 Wrote:  i have a lidell/ortiz finest feud that says it was shipped and the topps website has a tracking number but it dosent show up on usps site how long does it take to ship and how does it ship? thanks

The same thing happened to me for a Finest Ryan Bader Flag-Bearers Autograph Patch, it took over 2 weeks for me to actually receive the card.

Collect: Don Mattingly & Thurman Munson (Baseball) Roger Staubach (Football) Mike Bossy (Hockey) Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, & Danica Patrick (Racing) Brian Stann, Miesha Tate, Ryan Bader, Gina Carano, Jason Miller, & Tim Kennedy (MMA) Bjorn Borg (Tennis) The Undertaker (Wrestling)
12-27-2011, 05:08 AM
(12-26-2011 02:17 PM)liviningston3737 Wrote:  i have a lidell/ortiz finest feud that says it was shipped and the topps website has a tracking number but it dosent show up on usps site how long does it take to ship and how does it ship? thanks

it ships standard USPS, the only thing I can think of is they put the DC#s on them in bulk while shipping out mass quantities (pure speculation, IDK) so they can get them in to the computers. It could be all ready to in a bulk lot with 100s-1000s of others.

current sets:

12-27-2011, 11:41 AM
(12-27-2011 05:08 AM)swjrp10 Wrote:  it ships standard USPS, the only thing I can think of is they put the DC#s on them in bulk while shipping out mass quantities (pure speculation, IDK) so they can get them in to the computers. It could be all ready to in a bulk lot with 100s-1000s of others.

I had a DC for Clay Guida Knockout Auto (On card) and I received the card about 2 weeks after it posted on the website but the DC number never showed up on the USPS site.
12-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Looks like they are starting to catch up up on sending out Redemptions, 3 of mine (1 Knockout and 2 Title Shot) are showing as being shipped today.

Collect: Don Mattingly & Thurman Munson (Baseball) Roger Staubach (Football) Mike Bossy (Hockey) Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, & Danica Patrick (Racing) Brian Stann, Miesha Tate, Ryan Bader, Gina Carano, Jason Miller, & Tim Kennedy (MMA) Bjorn Borg (Tennis) The Undertaker (Wrestling)
12-27-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm showing 4 shipped today too. Glad to see them finally sending these out.

[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/