`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customs forms: Us to Intl.

Customs forms: Us to Intl.
In filling out the USPS customs form going from USA to (anywhere) how do people fill them out?
In the description do you put the actual description and value? I've heard of stories of people's stuff getting ripped off due to the value of it. So than if you put a low value, whats the point/difference?

I always fill out Gift and mark it 0, dude, but have always wondered if i'm doing more harm than good marking it zero? Because it clearly was across the line....
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

RE: Customs forms: Us to Intl.
I always mark it gift...if it was a sale, I mark the value at what it sold for.....as for description I just put sports card(s).

I just put in the description sports cards and if i remember the value of the trade i put it down but most of the time i just put 0.

i put the cards value as what it cost me most of the time... or mark it as a normally under $10

I put down photos, sports cards, kids cards, etc

when shipping with tracking (express mail) i put down the value so i can get insurance to cover my cost if something happens.

hope that helps
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Coming from Canada I mark it as "Trading Cards" and the value at $15 or $20 and never had a problem.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(12-12-2011, 09:56 PM)wickabee Wrote: Coming from Canada I mark it as "Trading Cards" and the value at $15 or $20 and never had a problem.
I dont think there is a duty in the US unlike in Canada, it is one reaosn I can think of why your boxes cost more..
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I usually mark them as photo or photo card and as for a value I usually put it as a $5 value....if I sold the card Ill see what the buyer wants me to put it as and let them know I cant be responsible if its lost because insurance wont cover the value or price paid if they want me to put $5 or so so they dont get charged on their end in Canada.

Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

I have it really good at my local P.O. they don't ever make me fill anything out for US.

I have been hit with duty charges before though and I don't think that is fair on a trade but what can you do.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

trades = low value, marked as a gift.
sale = actual value, marked as merchandise, because it is somewhat traceable. everything has some sort of paper trail. and mail fraud isn't something that i really want to get caught up in.

I mark it as gift and put the value of the trade and haven't had any problems.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054