`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FT: ALBERT PUJOL$

FT: ALBERT PUJOL$
Because he's a greedy ba$tard, all my Albert Pujols cards are for trade as of right now.

RE: FT: ALBERT PUJOL$
open offer sent

I will check you when I get home from work and can get on the trade page. But I don't think it was greed as much as you think. But I can understand how you could be hurt because I had the same concern with Derek Jeter last year. I still would of collected him but I would only go after his Yankees cards if he left.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(12-10-2011, 01:10 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I will check you when I get home from work and can get on the trade page. But I don't think it was greed as much as you think. But I can understand how you could be hurt because I had the same concern with Derek Jeter last year. I still would of collected him but I would only go after his Yankees cards if he left.
This is a polarizing issue. I'm not a Cardinals fan nor am I a Pujols fan, but I think when St Louis stepped up and offered him $220mm, he should have at least considered it. After all he's won 2 rings there and it's one of the best baseball cities in the country. As I said before I'm not a Cardinals fan so I don't know all the details, just what I've seen on ESPN and MLB, maybe the Cards aren't worried about him leaving, especially since he went to the AL. They still have a great team without him, not as scary, but still capable of winning 85+ games.

(12-10-2011, 01:32 PM)carolinahuey Wrote: This is a polarizing issue. I'm not a Cardinals fan nor am I a Pujols fan, but I think when St Louis stepped up and offered him $220mm, he should have at least considered it. After all he's won 2 rings there and it's one of the best baseball cities in the country. As I said before I'm not a Cardinals fan so I don't know all the details, just what I've seen on ESPN and MLB, maybe the Cards aren't worried about him leaving, especially since he went to the AL. They still have a great team without him, not as scary, but still capable of winning 85+ games.
Maybe he wanted a change of scenery. Maybe he wanted to live life on his terms not on the terms of other. Maybe he did not like going to work because someone annoyed him too much. Maybe he wanted to go AL to have the DH thing awaiting him. Maybe his wife wants to be a movie star. Maybe there were little contract details that mattered a lot to him that the Cardinals were not willing to do. Maybe HE did not want to hamper the Cardinals with a lengthy contract, but was fine with taking the money from another organization and setting up his family's future in a grand way with the nice DH option going to be there to further him along.

At least considered it? I'm sure he did, he was trying to get them to forge a contract with him before the season started and felt like he wasn't their main priority, gave them a deadline and everything and then said he was not going to talk with them after said deadline because he needed to focus on playing - they chose not to deal with him then. Their number did not go up until it was driven up by other teams and they saw that they were going to have more money because he helped the team win the world series, greed runs both ways in baseball and the players should take whatever they can get if they can get it, they end up with the life long medical issues and wear and tear from being the entertainers.

(12-10-2011, 01:32 PM)carolinahuey Wrote: This is a polarizing issue. I'm not a Cardinals fan nor am I a Pujols fan, but I think when St Louis stepped up and offered him $220mm, he should have at least considered it. After all he's won 2 rings there and it's one of the best baseball cities in the country. As I said before I'm not a Cardinals fan so I don't know all the details, just what I've seen on ESPN and MLB, maybe the Cards aren't worried about him leaving, especially since he went to the AL. They still have a great team without him, not as scary, but still capable of winning 85+ games.
We're not worried at all. Heck, we are coming off a World Championship and frankly I'm excited about some of the young guys getting a shot. Would I have liked to have him back? Sure I would have, but not for that length of contract. As good as he is, the Angels will regret this in the end much like the Yankees are starting to regret the ARod signing.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Thats all great. I agree both sides are about greed. But regardless, Pujols lost a lot of his legacy and what could have made him special. Pujols lost a lot more than he realizes. The true "greats" play for one team. He could have been as great as Stan Musial but he will never live up to him now I don't care how good his numbers are. I hate the Yankees but thats what I respect most about them. Players like Mantle, DiMaggio, Gehrig, Jeter, etc. Play their entire careers for one team. Theres something to be said for players that make those kind of commitments. As far as I'm concerned any player that leaves their team is a traitor although I will acknowledge special circumstances where they apply, like when a team truly does not appreciate a player. Pujols was a god in St. Louis, now he is mortal.

(12-10-2011, 05:14 PM)beatles guy Wrote: As good as he is, the Angels will regret this in the end much like the Yankees are starting to regret the ARod signing.
Starting to regret ARod signing? As a Yankees fan I regreted the day he signed it. Never been an ARod fan!!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

offer sent

(12-10-2011, 05:28 PM)shaunbaus Wrote: Thats all great. I agree both sides are about greed. But regardless, Pujols lost a lot of his legacy and what could have made him special. Pujols lost a lot more than he realizes. The true "greats" play for one team. He could have been as great as Stan Musial but he will never live up to him now I don't care how good his numbers are. I hate the Yankees but thats what I respect most about them. Players like Mantle, DiMaggio, Gehrig, Jeter, etc. Play their entire careers for one team. Theres something to be said for players that make those kind of commitments. As far as I'm concerned any player that leaves their team is a traitor although I will acknowledge special circumstances where they apply, like when a team truly does not appreciate a player. Pujols was a god in St. Louis, now he is mortal.
He only lost his Legacy in St. Louis no matter where he plays he will be up there with the likes of Babe Ruth who also played with multiple teams (Boston, Yankees and Baltimore, no one knocked him. As much as you bad mouth him he did give you the offer before the season started as I am sure in his mind he wanted to be a Cardinal his whole career till they decided not to sign him early. I feel the Cardinals owe him for all that he has done for them. I know your speaking from your heart as your upset he left but he is not the only one you need to point fingers at. It really trips me out how people think the Greats that starting in one place should stay there forever and those loyal fans get mad at them and blame the player. He put in the effort and they said no we will wait and now they lost him and probably wish they could go back in time and change the way they decided. This was the same scenario with Lebron James last year as all the Cleveland fans felt he should stay and when he left they hated him for it. But they forget to mention that the team put no one he wanted around him as I remember he asked the get Amar'e Stoudemire and then they gave him Antawn Jamison not to mention a teammate slept with his mom. James was wrong how he did it but he would have been hated either way. Pujols did it the right way and took the money because he already gave St. Louis there chance. Just be happy he led you to 2 World Championships and stopping knocking the guy.
If Derek Jeter left the Yankees I would not hate him for it. The team is going to do whats best for them as well as the players are going to do whats best for them point blank. If I was playing a game and a team offered me $250,000,000.00 I would sign with them to even if I hated them with a passion. Money talks and no one here can tell me they would not do the same thing he did St. Louis could of matched the price as I am sure he gave them the chance and they chose to let him go.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]