`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FT: ALBERT PUJOL$

RE: FT: ALBERT PUJOL$
They just need to go offer Prince Fielder around 175m and get more bang for their buck.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

dnt say hes a greatty bastard until u know him. and besides ts the cardinals no 10 yr deal and the 3 words no trade clause tyhats why he left bc of those 2 details.
ruth played for 2 teams not one and besides if u dnt now him then dont say anything like that about him and for 1 if you really new what his family is like you wouldnt say this about him he will not use all that money for himself theres this thing called his wife has s very serious disease and all three of his kids have serious diseases and he helps out the community more then any other baseball player.
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

(12-10-2011, 05:28 PM)shaunbaus Wrote: Thats all great. I agree both sides are about greed. But regardless, Pujols lost a lot of his legacy and what could have made him special. Pujols lost a lot more than he realizes. The true "greats" play for one team. He could have been as great as Stan Musial but he will never live up to him now I don't care how good his numbers are. I hate the Yankees but thats what I respect most about them. Players like Mantle, DiMaggio, Gehrig, Jeter, etc. Play their entire careers for one team. Theres something to be said for players that make those kind of commitments. As far as I'm concerned any player that leaves their team is a traitor although I will acknowledge special circumstances where they apply, like when a team truly does not appreciate a player. Pujols was a god in St. Louis, now he is mortal.
I do not think it is fair to compare him to the true "greats" of the game. When they played there was no such thing as "FREE AGENCY" there for the only way they switched teams is if they were sold or traded. As for Jeter I believe it would have left if some other team stepped up with an offer, but no other team would step up with an offer knowing that they could not pay him what the Yankees could.

For the last few weeks reading comments by fans saying that they did not want Pujols back for the length and money he was looking for, maybe that had something to do with his decission, maybe not. Maybe if the Cards had stepped up and made an offer before waiting for another team to make an offer he would have signed their offer, maybe not. I still believe that the Cards, if they were serious about bringing him back, should have called him the day after they won the W.S. and asked him to come in and talk. That was a little disrespectful imo.
As far as Pujols being a God in St. Louis, maybe to the fans but not the orginzation. But as I stated before a lot of the fans were complaining about the length and money of the contract and now that he is gone the same people are complianing about him moving on. Make up your minds, you wanted him or you did not.
Yes, I am bummed that he will not be with the Cards but I think what played out is best for both sides. So I will not complain or put him down for what he did. I will be glad for all that he has accomplished in a Cards uni and cheer him on as he is the greatest player of my generation and I will be able to tell my grandchildren that I got to see him play with the Cardinals.

bump for TEBOW!!!

sorry the trade didn't work out. maybe another time.

Check me, I'll be more than happy to take any of your hands if I have anything you like.