`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Beckett Message Board Hall of Fame

RE: Beckett Message Board Hall of Fame
As I posted in the baseball forum, I think it's a bad idea. It's going to turn into a popularity contest that is going to leave many worthy people out while giving the elite few a big head. We all know who the good traders are here without it being posted on the top of every single board. I think protecting the good members and publicizing the bad traders in each forum is a better idea.

Kind of a Hall of Shame idea?
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I want to start a BA HOF. that's right, I'll induct myself and for anybody to qualify, they must challenge me to a duel, which of course they will lose. But, I could create a runner up HOF for Slightly Less BA...i think i'll call it 90% BA...than whoever is in that can battle for that title. We'll create an 80% HOF BA.....
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(12-11-2011, 03:13 PM)slufan83 Wrote: As I posted in the baseball forum, I think it's a bad idea. It's going to turn into a popularity contest that is going to leave many worthy people out while giving the elite few a big head. We all know who the good traders are here without it being posted on the top of every single board. I think protecting the good members and publicizing the bad traders in each forum is a better idea.
We all ready do that, it has been done since the the beginning, Floydtown has the link to it listed in his sig, I have it listed in mine, and a few other people have it listed in theirs as well, and it is posted on the football sticky thread, all of the members on it are from all the forums, not just football.

but yes, you are correct it should be stickied on ALL of the forums. maybe floydtown or ceo can do that sometime this week
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

it be interesting to see at least

I know I only do hockey posts now as I am mainly hockey

but i used to do all sports back when i first started in the 90's....
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I agree...go for it!
Toronto Expo Booth #711
http://s709.photobucket.com/albums/ww98/...lectibles/
Mailing on Wednesdays

I don't like the HOF idea i think it will leave out too many good people maybe we can just have a badge of honor or something like that and this should be open to everyone.

other site do this and seems to work ok

on another site if you hit 100 trades you get a tag "Century Club Award" and a little trophy under your name

and this will give EVERYONE something to chase for

But none of this will matter if Beckett does not get there act together and get this site rolling and working 100%. I know Beckett says there numbers are up but if this is true way are my trading numbers so far down and where are all the people in the forums? It seems like it is the same 20 people that are active.

(12-12-2011, 11:32 AM)gary991979 Wrote: But none of this will matter if Beckett does not get there act together and get this site rolling and working 100%. I know Beckett says there numbers are up but if this is true way are my trading numbers so far down and where are all the people in the forums? It seems like it is the same 20 people that are active.
Agreed. My trades are down from at least 5 a week to maybe 1 or 2. It's so hard to find people on here to trade with. I end up trading with the same people all the time.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I expect everyone to vote for me. Thanks.

I'm organizing a parade in honor of this...honor.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

I am not a big fan of seeing people signalled out good or bad. Besides a lot of the best members left and never returned after the site upgrade. There is still a lot of great members here but a hof should include all the greatest members.....I was once over 10,000 post and there were guys here that were double me. Its too bad so many left and never returned, the site is only a shell of what it use to be.

IMO it is a bad idea.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.