Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

RE: What 3 Do You Have On Rotation?
As i lay dying. Great choice ^^^

All that remains- this calling
Bullet for my valentine- 4 words to choke upon.
#3 tie between coheed and cambria-welcomw home intro, and
Hollywood Undead - Evertwhere i go.
Collecting Leafs Game Used, Patches,Autos
[Image: phaneufset-1.jpg]
Photobucket:
http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/nhlderek1/

(12-12-2011, 04:11 PM)onoxxxregretso Wrote: Music that no one here has ever heard of:

3. As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between Us
2. The Devil Wears Prada - Dead Throne
3. Underoath - Define The Great Line
Just because I don't particularly like it doesn't mean I haven't heard of it Wink
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Ahh some people who have actually heard of the bands I listen to. Wonderful lol
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

sweet st. louis
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(12-11-2011, 06:09 PM)snobles Wrote: No iPod here either, don't listen to much music...Stern on Sirius/XM keeps me busy...Lastly this is the one I look at the most as it reminds me of the '93 Montreal Cup run and when I was a goalie back in the day:
It's not hard to see why this card's your daily looker - but the you blurb and the stick on card on stick action really brings it home.

I'm glad your taste in cards is better than your taste in radio! j/k

(12-11-2011, 07:35 PM)dark crawler88 Wrote: For some reason I listen to the Iron Man 2 Sound track (AC / DC), State of Shock and from there I usualy do about 100 random song play lists varying from Hard Rock to Classic Rock.
If we're talking classic rock, Pink Floyd was for a very long time, my favorite band. Also, I remember when you pulled that Sakic...I'd have a hard time putting that one away too,

(12-11-2011, 07:56 PM)wickabee Wrote: Love this thread.
Ok, first: Music:
#1 Modest Mouse: Good News For People Who Love Bad News
When I first heard this album, I did not like it. It took a solid 6 months of hearing bits and pieces to even get me to listen to the whole thing. When I was faced with a bus ride from Calgary to Kelowna and a friend lent it to me, I figured what the hey. By the time we pulled into Kelowna it was one of my favourites. Has been ever since.
One of my closest friends tried to get me to listen to this very album, citing it as one of her favorites. Since we have similar music tastes, I had high expectations, but I have to admit, I hated it and couldn't get through it. I remember comparing it to Squirrel Nut Zippers and boy was she offended, lol! It's one of those albums that I definitely plan to go back to though. Some stuff you just need to be in the right mood to "get." For me, My Bloody Valentine's 'Loveless' and Pulp's 'Different Class' are two examples of albums I couldn't finish upon first listen but eventually fell in love with when the time was right. I'll make another note of 'Good News For People Who Love Bad News' now.

Also, your entire post was a fascinating read...thanks for sharing. I never thought I'd appreciate a Pro-Set hockey card as much as I do now.

(12-12-2011, 01:18 PM)bimola Wrote: Music rotation - what ever my 10 year old daughter allows me to listen to in the car (and some XM occassionally)

Card rotation: I always come back to these four (I know you said three, but, I've admired these as a group from day 1):
Is 'Rosenshontz' still popular with the kids, or does that date me a bit?

Also, you're a high end collector with a wide range...but you're certainly not fickle, I'll give you that!

(12-12-2011, 04:11 PM)onoxxxregretso Wrote: I don't really look at my cards...
Actually, I don't look at most of my cards as often as I probably should given the time I spend on them, which is part of the reason I started thinking about which cards I actually do look at.

And no, I haven't heard of any of these bands...should I have?

LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

My iPhone top plays

1) Jim Johnston - I came to play
2) Brantley Gilbert - Country Must be Country Wide
3) Wellington Dukes Warmup (I am a DJ and I mixed a whole bunch of stuff together and it's a great pumpup track)

My 3 favourite cards to look at right now are very easy

3) [Image: DSCN5986.jpg] The best card I have ever personally pulled. Was definitely worth waiting for the redemption

2) [Image: DSCN5989.jpg] I love the swatch on this PC card

1) [Image: Fowler.jpg] With all the colors, and being a PC card, this is obviously my favourite card to look at!
[Image: ducksbann.png]

Collecting
2010-11 SP Authentic Future Watch Autos 30/62 = 48.38%
Cam Fowler Count: 32

Photobucket Link
http://photobucket.com/DucksFan87

(12-13-2011, 02:56 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: One of my closest friends tried to get me to listen to this very album, citing it as one of her favorites. Since we have similar music tastes, I had high expectations, but I have to admit, I hated it and couldn't get through it. I remember comparing it to Squirrel Nut Zippers and boy was she offended, lol! It's one of those albums that I definitely plan to go back to though. Some stuff you just need to be in the right mood to "get." For me, My Bloody Valentine's 'Loveless' and Pulp's 'Different Class' are two examples of albums I couldn't finish upon first listen but eventually fell in love with when the time was right. I'll make another note of 'Good News For People Who Love Bad News' now.

Also, your entire post was a fascinating read...thanks for sharing. I never thought I'd appreciate a Pro-Set hockey card as much as I do now.
I strongly suggest you try it again. Like I said, it took a long time for me to even give it an honest chance and even then, it took an 8 hour bus ride with 2 CDs (including that one) for me to listen to it. I listened to it once and put it on repeat for the rest of the trip. I completely understand people who don't like it, it's a love it or hate it album/band, but definitely worth a second shot. And I'd probably be slightly offended at that comparison as well, haha!

As for the Lidstrom, you should see the looks I get when I answer "What's the one card you value most?" and I answer with a $1 Pro-Set card. But to me, that is what the hobby is about.

I'm going to give Buck 65 another plug as well. Even if you don't like rap/hip hop this guy is worth a listen. He's completely different from most rap you hear. He's white, from Halifax and now lives on a houseboat in Paris. He's a seriously weird guy, but if you want music that is more interesting than catchy (though some of it is quite catchy) get some Buck 65 now. Like Modest Mouse though, he's a love him or hate him kind of guy.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com