`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Duncan RC Value

Tim Duncan RC Value
I am curious why Tim Duncan RC's such as the Topps Chrome, and the Bowman's Best aren't more valuable?

Does anyone think they are worth holding on to for a few years, or at least until Duncan is enshrined in the Hall of Fame?

RE: Tim Duncan RC Value
I just picked up a BGS 9.5 SP Authentic RC of his.

It is my belief that he is the greatest PF to ever play in the NBA. His stuff is unusually low because he is known as "Mr. Fundemantal" and doesn't attract ticket sales when the Spurs play away games. He isn't exactly the most exciting player to watch. Saying that, I also believe you can get his stuff for a fraction of what it should be.

There will be a slight increase in his stuff when he retires and when he is enshrined. But the demand will never be there like it is for larger market players (i.e. Kobe Bryant).
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(12-09-2011, 02:29 PM)got watcha want Wrote: I just picked up a BGS 9.5 SP Authentic RC of his.

It is my belief that he is the greatest PF to ever play in the NBA. His stuff is unusually low because he is known as "Mr. Fundemantal" and doesn't attract ticket sales when the Spurs play away games. He isn't exactly the most exciting player to watch. Saying that, I also believe you can get his stuff for a fraction of what it should be.

There will be a slight increase in his stuff when he retires and when he is enshrined. But the demand will never be there like it is for larger market players (i.e. Kobe Bryant).
Do you suppose the value comparison for Kobe Bryant:Tim Duncan RC's would be comparable to Michael Jordan:Karl Malone RC's (thinking of the Fleer 86-97 Set)?

I somewhat agree with your belief, though I would say he is the greatest PF to play in his era... where Karl Malone is the greatest from his era... Two different kind of players, but both super imposing in the paint.

Huge NBA fan, never cared about a Tim duncan card in any form. Great solid player, but thats it. No sparks, flair, or enthusiasm. HOFer? yes. High collectable demand? Never. Not sure how many, but the guy has been in the league for a very very long time, he has to have a ton of cards and they will be readily available forever.
OK he has 4,499 cards according to Beckett. Karl Malone has almost half that.

(12-09-2011, 02:58 PM)ctyler86 Wrote: Do you suppose the value comparison for Kobe Bryant:Tim Duncan RC's would be comparable to Michael Jordan:Karl Malone RC's (thinking of the Fleer 86-97 Set)?
Yes, I believe it will be a similiar scenario for Duncan as it was for Malone's values. The ratio of the prices will be different though. Kobe's and Duncan's stuff will be closer when comparing the base RC's from various sets.

There are a lot of Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan RC cards available, compared to the solo RC cards of MJ and Malone in 86-87 Fleer. The shear number of RC cards available effects the prices some.

If you want to chase their most sought after stuff, it is usually their autos. Niether Duncan, nor Malone have signed very much stuff.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!