`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Topps First Impressions

RE: 2021 Topps First Impressions
Hate the floating RC Cup and the RC logo at the bottom almost hanging into the border.

Phillies_Joe Wrote:I'm not taking sides, but does it really matter what the base , non-rookie cards BV is?  In reality, a 5,000 count box of base cards is worth about $10 overall - cash basis.  There will be exceptions for individual cards.

I don't think it really matters at all what a cards BV is, regardless of if it's a common base or star insert, particularly for modern cards where there is so much going on that could impact a player that is still active.  I feel that, for the most part, BV is pretty good on vintage cards though.

I just find it amusing is all that they already have prices/values assigned to cards that literally came out less than a week ago. On a cash basis, I could see them being $.01-$.05 apiece.

I guess the reason I get "excited" about values for base cards being published is that I dont put them into my ORG and ultimately into a box until the N/A disappears.

Probably a little OCD of me, but oh well. HAHA!

jbissell Wrote:You trading the base non rookies?

I guess the reason I get "excited" about values for base cards being published is that I dont put them into my ORG and ultimately into a box until the N/A disappears.

Probably a little OCD of me, but oh well. HAHA!
Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

Yeah Id consider trading the base non rookies.

The first thing I noticed is that production is up significantly. This can be seen simply by looking at the odds for pulling a gold parallel. In previous years a gold parallel was usually about 1 per 14 packs and this year it's 1 in 27 packs (at least in the retail packs I opened). This would indicate that Topps produced twice as many base cards for Series 1 as they did last year. Reminds me of how things got super hot in the early 90s and Topps and the other card companies simply printed more of the same cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Overall I like the design but the names are a little hard to find at first.

jbissell Wrote:I got to my LCS just as they received their first shipment of 2021 Topps this morning. Jumbo packs were $22.00, so I bought 3. 

My initial impressions are that the design is so so. The names are not incredibly easy to read, but I think the cards overall are decent, and I love the checklist.

While there are still a few RC's I need, I was able to get many of the higher profile RC's in 3 packs including Mountcastle, Adell, Carlson, Dalbec, Sanchez, Garcia, and Ruiz. I also managed to pull a rookie autograph of Ke'Bryan Hayes! 

Looking forward to buying more as Im still seeking Bohm, Ian Anderson, Madrigal, and a couple of others.
Was in a similar boat with my LCS and picked up some HTA jumbo packs this weekend. Was thrilled to pull a Tatis photo variation SP, but Topps gonn Topps with collation. My second jumbo had two (!) Joc Pederson base cards in the final three. 

The '86 inserts look really, really sharp. I can see the black borders on the top-half of the card being a royal pain if you pull a hit.