`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
worst luck ever

RE: worst luck ever
(12-30-2011, 06:05 PM)sonnyday Wrote: This would fall under Consumer Rights and advertising.

If you purchase a product you expect certain items in that product. Uppe Deck is basically giving their customers products with expired items inside. Does their packaging clearly state that expired redemption cards may be included?

And what falls under the definition of a current product. Yes In our world it can be considered 12 months. But legality wise.....you'd be surprised on how a good attorney can twist this all around. upper deck has not asked retailers to take the product off the shelves.
Sound a lot like that lady that sued Mcdonalds for spilling Hot Coffee on her own lap. Its called common sense, anyone buying a old box knows they are running the chance of an unredeemable redemption card.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

Honestly if they cannot give you the card I would ask for my money back atleast! That is horrible them not giving you the card. I have had this happen before, but it was not some card I wanted so I just trashed the Expired redemption card it was like a #/150 card or such. Still that is Just IMHO

(12-30-2011, 06:25 PM)Krangry Wrote: Sound a lot like that lady that sued Mcdonalds for spilling Hot Coffee on her own lap. Its called common sense, anyone buying a old box knows they are running the chance of an unredeemable redemption card.
I do not see any relation to the McDonald's lady and this situation. She bought the coffee knowing it was hot.

Hot Coffee is common. 100% of people buying coffee know its hot.

Do 100% of people that buy a box of sports cards from 2008 know that there are expired valuable redemption cards inside?

Lets face it. The card companies arent asking retailers to remove expired product, in essence they are still promoting the sale of expired items.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Did you bother reading the OP?

"Anyways, I was praying not to get any redemptions but i guess i was praying to the wrong cardboard god"

he knew the redemptions would be bad, just like she knew the coffee was hot.

(12-30-2011, 07:04 PM)Krangry Wrote: Did you bother reading the OP?

"Anyways, I was praying not to get any redemptions but i guess i was praying to the wrong cardboard god"

he knew the redemptions would be bad, just like she knew the coffee was hot.
So is the OP 100% of people?

Some people just let big companies walk all over them. They bend over and take the punishment. Some people fight for what is right.

I bet a majority of collectors would love to see a lawsuit against Card Producers over Redemption Cards if the ending result is no more Redemption Cards.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

If it were that easy, the lawsuit would have long happened. No redemption products would lead to a later released product, lacking some of the starpower it has.

(12-08-2011, 10:13 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Call up Upperdeck and talk to customer service. The worst thing they could do is say no. In the past they have got me some nice stuff. Redemptions do suck but that is the gamble you take with older product.
Redemptions do suck and they are unacceptable. No tonly do most boxes not advise of the chance of redemptions when they advetise "4 hits in a box," but this is also an opportunity for a company to get paid immediately on a product, hold off on paying an athlete to meet demand, or keep surplus and use it for the future when they dont pay another athlete. It's basically a credit card of sorts. And it leaves people with holes in thier freaking hearts.

Im so tired of redemptions, and mind you ive been waiting 8 months for a redemption that isnt expired, from the highest of the high end products, where were told customers are supposed to get preferential treatment. Its ridiculous, and essentially a ponzi scam.
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/dayton310/

DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2 DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2
R.O.A. (DO NOT TRADE) THE GREAT 48

I dont like the redemptions either. But i don't necessarily believe that they are intentionally trying to screw us. Some players agree to sign and then don't send the cards or stickers back in time for the release.
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

I'm a lawyer - and I hate redemptions and lawsuits.

You can sue anyone for anything at any time... most of the time the lawsuits won't be fruitful. This is one of those times. Bring all the actions you want on this, the law and the facts are against you.

(12-08-2011, 10:06 PM)supremelou Wrote: So I've been walking around with a huge whole in my soul and this is why. I picked up some boxes during black friday nothing to crazy a box of 06 future stars, 08 sp authentic and 08 ginter. Anyways, I was praying not to get any redemptions but i guess i was praying to the wrong cardboard god. I ended up with a redemption in each box. The worst one being this.

[Image: redemption.jpg]

It would have been my first Jeter auto and as a die hard yankee fan it hurt even more. I SERIOUSLY WANTED TO CRY. Oh well just wanted to share. They need to either extend expiration dates or just get rid of the whole redemption theme.
Happened the same to me today. But I got a Derrick Rose card instead. Upper Deck, of course. Damn.