`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
worst luck ever

RE: worst luck ever
Wow!!! That's all I have to say and not just about the redemption.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(12-30-2011, 11:48 PM)wmrklemm78 Wrote: I'm a lawyer - and I hate redemptions and lawsuits.

You can sue anyone for anything at any time... most of the time the lawsuits won't be fruitful. This is one of those times. Bring all the actions you want on this, the law and the facts are against you.
I think the lawsuit could have wheels, just who wants to spend thousands and thousands of dollars for a lawsuit. If I pulled an expired jeter auto card I would have an attorney write a threatening letter. Then if that didn't work file a small claims case to see what happens. I can afford the $50.00 small claims fee
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

lol If it wasn't for redemption cards,We would be complaining about auto's of no name players.Wait! Dang! That's already happening!Stop the madness!
[Image: 4493bcb91_zpsb323e81b.jpg]

Looking for 2012 & 2013 Topps inserts and sp's

My bucket

So why is it that they dont put (big) on the boxes "REDEMPTIONS EXPIRE 10/10/2011", for example? So if you are the buyer, you are well aware that you can be buying some stuff that isnt any good anymore. At least you are warned.
If you put me on tiny letter, on the back of the box, that there are redemption cards that wont be good after their date, it isnt good enough. It could be any time.
I know that redemptions in the same box may have different dates, but try to put one single date for all the box and put it on the cover of the box.

Okay, here is my 2 cents. I read all the posts. Upper Deck is not as bad a company as some are making them out to be. But they earned a bad rep for a reason too. Calling them will go farther than you think. Each box should have "X" number of hits. If a redemption is one, and it is expired, technically you are not getting your hit. They will replace it. With Jeter?....good luck. But you should get something. CALL THEM!

Now, if any card company should be crucified, it should be Panini. I have been waiting for 14 months on a redemption that their products released right after I redeemed this and their new products just released, have autos of the same player in them. I have emailed them on this for 8 months. No response. I called them and no-one can say anything other than ask if I want a replacement. I ask where is my card, others are in live products. Same robotic response-do you want a replacement? I ask to talk to a manager and they refuse. I also have 7 other redemptions from them like this, but only waiting 7-10 months on those so far. To top it off, I ask for a replacement on one of these 6 months ago, still waiting for that too. Panini is good only for he products Donruss made and built themselves. Panini will be known for ruining what Donruss built and should stick to soccer and stickers.

(12-08-2011, 10:54 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: I heard upper deck was honoring past redemptions so GIVE THEM A CALL

I've called them and they would not honor a redemption that expired in 2008, they are a piece of *****
(12-30-2011, 06:05 PM)sonnyday Wrote: This would fall under Consumer Rights and advertising.

If you purchase a product you expect certain items in that product. Uppe Deck is basically giving their customers products with expired items inside. Does their packaging clearly state that expired redemption cards may be included?

And what falls under the definition of a current product. Yes In our world it can be considered 12 months. But legality wise.....you'd be surprised on how a good attorney can twist this all around. upper deck has not asked retailers to take the product off the shelves.

This is correct, Ive still not heard from upper deck for a valid redemption for exquisite 2010, which was guaranteed by a certain date. It's a breach of contract at a certain point for valid redemptions, and yea, for expired ones, they don't clearly indicate on the box and wrappers that redemptions are inside and may be no longer valid when trying to sell their product.
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/dayton310/

DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2 DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2
R.O.A. (DO NOT TRADE) THE GREAT 48