`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT: time to ruffle some feathers folks .....

RE: OT: time to ruffle some feathers folks .....
(12-08-2011, 05:59 PM)biglump007 Wrote: As usual a well thought out and well said post Mr. Bean, I agree completely. I think it's probably pretty obvious I don't collect the players I collect for investment value, I don't see T Jax or Arenas, Houston or any of my other Chiefs defensive guys blowing up the auction block anytime soon. I collect them because the Chiefs are my team and always have been good or bad ( or very very bad ), inalso love defense have since I was younger and remember Derrick Thomas and Niel Smith terrorizing QB's. As far as my sets I collect go yeah some may be a bit high end but that's not my reasoning for putting them together, the design is what gets me and fir that matter wifey too. I really like the spa design from last year and the NFL die cuts from this year, and wifey has always liked the freshman fabric set. To me the reason it's called a personal collection is because it's just that " personal " I don't collect cards just because they are high end or might make a dollar someday, I collect my guys and sets because of the personal connection, they mean something to me that other high priced cards don't and never will.
Well said by both Mr Bean and Mr Lump.

I totally collect for the love of my collections. I have tried a breaking a few blasters in hope of getting something trade worthy. Alas, I do not have Jr's luck lol. I can't complain tho - I really enjoy the thrill of ripping the stuff open and the hope that there is something great in there, but I still enjoy the Niners I pull.
btw, what is a fun, inexpensive box to break? I enjoyed the Platinum blasters. Are they a good thing to buy in hobby?

Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.