`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone ever...

RE: Has anyone ever...
Yep! I always think I'm going to get lots of commons and crappy inserts, and it works!
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

(12-08-2011, 09:13 PM)mercier2002 Wrote: Yep! I always think I'm going to get lots of commons and crappy inserts, and it works!
lucky you
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

actually ..... yes Smile

at Expo 2 years ago it was a quest for us to find a Mike Wallace RC auto and a Knowshon Moreno RC auto Smile

couldn't find anything we wanted via trade or sale so on the way out we picked up two boxes ..... one for me and one for jr.

sitting in the car we talked about our day and started busting away ..... low and behold we pulled both the cards we were looking for all day Smile

we still laugh about that every time we go to a show now Smile

(12-09-2011, 06:20 AM)pbean Wrote: actually ..... yes Smile

at Expo 2 years ago it was a quest for us to find a Mike Wallace RC auto and a Knowshon Moreno RC auto Smile

couldn't find anything we wanted via trade or sale so on the way out we picked up two boxes ..... one for me and one for jr.

sitting in the car we talked about our day and started busting away ..... low and behold we pulled both the cards we were looking for all day Smile

awesome
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

What fantastic luck!
I kind of did it again. I bought a retail box of Rising Rookies from D&A's Black Friday weekend sale. I was hoping for a Cam RC and at least 1 AU or GU. I got 1 of all three! I got a Jimmy Graham Freshman Impressions GU (not an EU) and a Rahim Moore AU. At 1:36 packs each, I did pretty good with my 24 packs.
I would've liked more Panthers cards, but I pulled 11 different Packers cards (including 3 versions of D.J. Williams-base RC, gold RC and blue RC) and 11 different Patriots. Out of 241 cards in the box, I only pulled 1 duplicate from it (a gold parallel) and am 6 cards short of the 200 card base set.
BTW, the Graham and Moore are FT and in my ORG if anyone needs/wants them.

(12-08-2011, 02:13 PM)favre3mvp Wrote: Has any one ever bought a box with one card in mind to pull and pull the card you wanted to pull?
Huh...i was thinking about this a few weeks ago...3 times this happened in my life..all with AP rookie cards..the last was the 07 threads letter auto a few months ago..really a trip....felt weird
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

That really is cool!!!

And yes, it's happened to me once. All in one box (along with a Gronk auto that I wanted!!)

[Image: img822.jpg]
[Image: img824.jpg]
[Image: img823.jpg]
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Great memory pbean Cool

yes, and no...

2009 Triple Threads - didn't know really what was in it. Asked for the box, told the owner:

"Hey, regardless, I can say I pulled a Stafford, P.Manning, Aikman trip jersey auto since its only the box, right?"

Bam. So, I called the hit - exactly.....but didn't know anything about the product prior.

Ask, JHer - i think he heard rumors of that pull... Smile
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(12-08-2011, 02:13 PM)favre3mvp Wrote: Has any one ever bought a box with one card in mind to pull and pull the card you wanted to pull?
my technique is .....if its the last pack in the box.....buy it......im very lucky when that happens
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]