(Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
eBay Sniping Script
08-14-2013, 11:11 PM
RE: eBay Sniping Script
I always manually snipe.

Why would I bid over someone with 5 or 10 minutes left, just to give them time to bid over me and up my price again? If it is an auction that you really care about, you can carve out 2 minutes when the auction is about to end so you can watch it.

I always assume that there will be 2 or 3 other people bidding with me at the end of every auction, so I will wait until there is 1 or 2 seconds before submitting my bid. I bid the most that I'm comfortable paying for an item when I submit at that 1 or 2 seconds, so if I don't get it, someone else wanted it. If I get it at my max, then whew! I'm glad I got it. And if I get it for less than my max, even better.

Always in the market to grow my PCs of: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki. If I have something you like I'll always be willing to trade even for those guys! Send me a message!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2013, 04:53 PM
got a hypothetical question...

with 0.2 sec left price at $5.00 your max bid is $10.00 and a program bids $6.00. who gets the card? does it tally up the max bids at the end and the max bidder wins or does the guy win for $6.00 because ebay cant place your max bid fast enough? if 1 than I think sniping is OK but if 2 it should be banned. just my opinion.
03-28-2014, 06:39 AM
No sniping programs here just wait til the last 2 minutes and bid my MAX I am willing to bid, if I lose then OK will see the same card in about a week Smile - however sometimes from the same seller Sad

[Image: Sig.png]

https://sites.google.com/site/jsjscollectables
04-07-2014, 11:24 PM
(12-24-2011 02:25 AM)Krangry Wrote:  If you placed a max bid you cant be sniped. unless he outbid you, in that case you bid to low.

Amen to that.

[Image: Afzs2GU.png]
Collecting cespedes, russell, pederson and bregman...
Also collecting every card with an all-star rookie trophy I can get a hold of.
04-12-2014, 06:25 PM
I just bid what I feel is a fair max price and let whatever happens happens. I'll let other people snipe it's not that important to me. I just try and have fun with it and not get too caught up in it.

[Image: 2im8aoo.jpg]
Paul Goldschmidt - 289/868 - 33.29%
Chase Anderson - 2/44 - 4.55%