`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Venting. Am I off base?

RE: Venting. Am I off base?
yeah, it costs me about $2.50 to mail out trades - its not a whole lot more really, maybe .75 more compared to the mainland.
Everything here costs more though so we're used to it and we get a nice COLA from the military too.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

This conversation has been had soooo many times and its pretty ridiculous. Come on guys...
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

I have not noticed any difference in the cost to ship to and from AK versus other parts of the US.

That said here is roughly what shipping costs me...

$1.75 paypal DC shipping (Though until today I only thought it could be done for sales made on ebay, but it sounds like I can start using it for shipping trades????)
My bubble mailer costs are 41 cents
Penny Sleeve = 1.5 cents
Top loader = 23.75 cents
In accounting I learned that tape/packaging is an untraceable cost, but I use so much of it that I tack on 3.75 cents per order.
After paying to print the label ebay then charges me 27 cents for final value fee on shipping.

Grand total = $2.72
I charge $3 for shipping. Which seems fair to me. Especially given that the cost of all of the components can be variable. Not to mention the 5 minutes i spend fumbling with tape and making sure that the creases on the paper are just so, the card is secure in it's top loader and doesn't shift around too much, etc....Obviously $2.75 is the cheapest I could charge for shipping a single card.

So I think that $3 is perfectly fair to charge for shipping a card, assuming that it is shipped safely and properly. In the case of a redemption, I think that the only costs that could be cut would be 26 cents for the toploader/mailer/packaging.

But I am used to paying shipping for everything.
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

man this thread went alot further than i figured it would. i understand shipping costs. that wasn't the focus of this. it was the shipping cost of a redemption card. i understand the paypal requirements etc. it was just venting.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(12-07-2011, 05:12 PM)rgf17 Wrote: man this thread went alot further than i figured it would. i understand shipping costs. that wasn't the focus of this. it was the shipping cost of a redemption card. i understand the paypal requirements etc. it was just venting.
That will teach you to vent now wont it? LOL J/K!!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(12-07-2011, 05:20 PM)branesergen Wrote: That will teach you to vent now wont it? LOL J/K!!
you ain't kidding. lip zipped from here on out
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(12-07-2011, 11:50 AM)floydtown Wrote: No shipping to Hawaii- Sad Amazing how much D/A charged me for shipping but at least they ship to HI $46 shipping for a box and some supplies
It's unreal, those who live in the 49th and 50th states get hosed.
A big mac meal is almost $7.
I've had a few ebay sellers say they wouldn't ship to me unless it was UPS 2nd day air.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(12-07-2011, 11:50 AM)floydtown Wrote: No shipping to Hawaii- Sad Amazing how much D/A charged me for shipping but at least they ship to HI $46 shipping for a box and some supplies
That's terrible.

I've ran across some Ebay sellers who wanted to charge me International shipping!!!.

HE> I

Man, that's horrible. I would've let you send it to me in Cali and I would've then sent to you flat rate. I do it all the time for my parents.
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

Go to the dollar store for a buck you get 8 plain yellow envelopes. Cut up old ones you get in the mail.
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.