`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
loyalty and respect...what ever happened to it?....

RE: loyalty and respect...what ever happened to it?....
(12-04-2011, 12:29 AM)chibearsboy Wrote: damn, i am sorry man i havent seen it yet,,i feel like a dork. you know i give all kudos to anyone even attempting a set...hats off man in your quest! i will check it out so i know what set to look out for..
Smile
Thanks man, I appreciate it but dont feel like that. I dont why I even said anything. It takes hours to do some of these threads and uploading pics so it is nice to see someone who enjoys it or at least acknowledges it. I could be spending hours doing something else but I love Beckett and the people here so I choose to spend alot of my time here. Thank you for the lookout!
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

(12-04-2011, 12:09 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: couldn't have put it a better way my friend.
and Mik..you know how i feel brother
Smile
See--and here's the PERFECT example. You and I have never traded or even exchanged cards or anything but I have nothing but respect for you, bud!
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection
Tongue 
(12-04-2011, 10:38 AM)coachlew10 Wrote: It is ridiculous to think that someone wanting to trade a card of a player should check with anyone on these boards first to see whether they need that card or not. It has nothing to do with respect, it has everything to do with supply and demand. This is especially true if the "new" person has cards I want. That being said, I have been on Beckett boards on and off since 1998, so with that logic, anyone with a Packer Auto card should check with me prior to offering it to most anyone else on these boards. That definitely doesn't happen and I wouldn't expect it to. For me to think that, boards on arrogance.
I agree with this. I also read somewhere in the earlier pages about people being on other sites. While some people may have just recently joined, or just used this site or others to contact people via PM's and not posts, who's to say who has been where longer? If someone needs something I have and they make a nice offer that helps me, I will take that. I don't want to have to hunt down someone who might also be interested, then possibly lose the deal that I just worked out. I guess I am kind of right on the fence with this one, because at the same time, if someone came to me about something I may want/need before going public, I would appreciate it. Appreciate it mind you, not expect it. I have been registered for about 5 years I believe, but have under 10 posts. I use other sites and before lately never really posted. I would just do a LOT of reading/lurking and send people PM's if I seen anything I liked. Anywho, that is that Tongue

SUPERCOLLECTING Garrett Wolfe - You got 'em, I Want 'em
COMPLETE: 464/786 | 55 1/1's | 71% Excluding 1/1's | 81% with 1/1 bonus | 700+ Total Cards