`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diamond Giveaway Codes

RE: Diamond Giveaway Codes
Ive been pretty lucky. I have pulled a die cut and traded for another but I also dug up a commerative set too. Haven't entered any codes lately but I would just because I've had luck.
[Image: BECKETTBanner.jpg]
Trading for: Baseball Rookie Collection NEEDS | Frank Thomas | Ben Tate | Hideo Nomo | Ken Griffey Jr. (SEA uni) | Current Texans
*Wants marked as such* *NOT CURRENTLY TRADING*

The last code I put in the otehr day and the first one today were both 1980 Ron LeFlore's. I thought for a second I might get stuck in one of those repeating warps but my other five pulls were all different cards.

Today the best two were 1969 Woodie Fryman and 1981 Reggie Jackson

Rich

(12-03-2011, 09:28 AM)rjones13 Wrote: Please don't get me started on the Diamond Giveaway. I was one of those that entered codes on the day the web site wasn't working right (on 11-13-2011). I entered 10 codes, and won the same card ten times (now it was a Ian Kinsler Diamond Cut Card, so I was happy about that). Of course none of them ever showed in my collection.
Sent an email to Topps, got back a reply that they were working on the problem, but if you at the bottom of that email it said STATUS-Solved. Which I guess they felt it was, because I never heard back from Topps again. It was only because of members on this message board (Thank You Again) That I was told to remove cookies in order to be able to go back on to website. No one from Topps ever told me that I could enter my codes again, so that I could win ten 1973 commons (it seems from this message board that everyone who entered codes got 1973 commons). By the way if every code is set to one card, how come I didn't win at least one Kinsler card?
I sent another email to Topps (on the 20th of November), never heard back. I have now sent a written letter to them to see if I here anything.
I think you're mistaken regarding codes being designated for a specific card. I'm almost certain that the codes just entitle you to draw a random card. I can see how you'd be disappointed that you didn't end up with the Kinsler, but it seems pretty obvious that there was a glitch in the system. I suppose it stinks that Topps site wasn't functioning as it should've when you entered your codes and that you had a frustrating experience with their customer service, but I don't really understand your beef. I definitely wouldn't get my hopes up that Topps is going to give you a Kinsler (or 10).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I have hit a '54 card, and two die cuts in all the codes I have entered. I have been able to make a few good trades on the site, trying to work my way back to some 60s star cards is my best hope at this point. A lot of people are trying to get back to a '52. If your done trying and want to get rid of your code cards I posted in trade about unused codes. BTW I just got to 57 rings. The sets are on back order per the mail I got on Friday from topps. My 87 pack had a whole lot of nothing in it.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

(12-03-2011, 05:43 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I think you're mistaken regarding codes being designated for a specific card. I'm almost certain that the codes just entitle you to draw a random card. I can see how you'd be disappointed that you didn't end up with the Kinsler, but it seems pretty obvious that there was a glitch in the system. I suppose it stinks that Topps site wasn't functioning as it should've when you entered your codes and that you had a frustrating experience with their customer service, but I don't really understand your beef. I definitely wouldn't get my hopes up that Topps is going to give you a Kinsler (or 10).
After looking at the rules you would be correct that cards are randomly allocated to the inputted code. I do believe that last year Topps told us that each code was for a certain card, because people didn't think they would be able to get older cards like 52s (remember there were no Diamond cuts last year) early on. I could be wrong on this also (it wouldn't be the first time). My major beef is though that Topps never bother to get back with me in regards to site working, or that I could re enter my codes again. Rather than leave my ticket open, until they got the site going, they wanted to get it off their desk, and put it down as solved. And if I didn't visit this message board, I might still think today that it was down, because I couldn't log into it. I don't expect to get even one Kinsler card, and today ordered the cards that I wanted to pay for, and have moved on. This is the second, and last time that I will do the Diamond/Million Card giveaway, any code cards I get in the future, I simply will put on Ebay, and let someone else deal with Topps.

(12-03-2011, 10:07 PM)tdog4468 Wrote: I have hit a '54 card, and two die cuts in all the codes I have entered. I have been able to make a few good trades on the site, trying to work my way back to some 60s star cards is my best hope at this point. A lot of people are trying to get back to a '52. If your done trying and want to get rid of your code cards I posted in trade about unused codes. BTW I just got to 57 rings. The sets are on back order per the mail I got on Friday from topps. My 87 pack had a whole lot of nothing in it.
59 rings...now just got to find a Mantle..lol. It was fun just getting to the 59 rings. Now I'm just having fun tradeing for star cards.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace