`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supercollector Question

RE: Supercollector Question
I made a thread about it a while back in the football thread...alot of comments. Look there for some more advice.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(12-01-2011, 08:27 PM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: I think the term is as simple as it sounds. An attempt to collect a certain one something as much and as diligently as one could. Whether that be quality or quantity! That's what I love about this hobby, you could super collect whatever you wanted.
Thats why I love this hobby also. By the way, how do you make a signature like you have. I like it!
Matt Holliday Refractors -75/162 - 46.3%
2006 UC Ensemble Triple Auto 69/87 - 79.0%
2007 UD Future Stars Triple Auto 11/18 - 61.0%
2007 SS Dual Auto Brwn Glv/Blk Ink 7/34 - 20.5%
[Image: TXqak.png]

I am a Manny Lee, Thad Bosley and Rance Mulliniks super collector. All their cards cost me $10!

(12-02-2011, 01:06 AM)Patrick_cpg Wrote: Thats why I love this hobby also. By the way, how do you make a signature like you have. I like it!
Thanks! A guy on the boards made it for me in 07 when I first made an account on here.

I have actually had another one made for me by a cool trader but everytime I try to load it on my sig about me, it won't show.

I would suggest if you are looking for one, to just post a small thread, and more than likely, a couple of guys that know a good bit about that stuff will help you. Maybe offer a nice incentive like sending them a few cards or somethin for the time they put into it.

I believe people would call me a Derek Jeter super collector. People aways wanna see numbers my thing is Derek Jeter is a expensive person to collect. Lets take for instacnce and this dosen't include anything marked with a N/A price. I need for his beckett listed cards 12 cards I need which is said to have a total value of $984.00 left to complete that is more than likely gong to be about $4000.00 because please show me where you can get a 1996 Mirror Gold of his for beckett price or even under $1000.00 and I will grab it now. Now lets move on the the total values of his 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000. They go like this 1997=$12,502.60, 1998=$16,203.90, 1999=20,265.40, and 2000=$23,931.20. I probably have 25 to 30% of these cards. But its just crazy how much all of these cards cost. I know a guy who owns 3 of those 1996 Mirror Gold cards and he is not letting any of them go. Then you have Nelson=be8el0ve who owns one, along whith his buddy, then we get to a ebay member who collects Derek Jeter's and his friend both have one. I made a offer of $3000.00 to his friend and he said no I will take $5000.00 for it. So that leaves 23 out there some where.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

If dbroockerd makes you a banner then you are a super collector.

[Image: iujapander.png]

Thanks again buddy, now if Beckett would just increase the sig length then I could get it in there.

Now I just need a picture of him in a Twins uni. Can't believe I'm going to be a Twins fan next year. Feels weird.

(12-02-2011, 12:22 PM)iujapander Wrote: If dbroockerd makes you a banner then you are a super collector.

[Image: iujapander.png]

Thanks again buddy, now if Beckett would just increase the sig length then I could get it in there.

Now I just need a picture of him in a Twins uni. Can't believe I'm going to be a Twins fan next year. Feels weird.
Thats who made mine! But I swear, every time I put it in the about me sig part, it wont load. It says its updated but it doesnt show the banner! UGH!

A "supercollector" is something that no one should ever ever ever call themself.
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

[Image: 29qmycz.png] that better iujapander?
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I don't believe you have to have all the super rare 1/1's to be a super collector.
It just means someone has more bread to throw around. Not the super collector part, just the fact that they have all the 1/1's.
And don't get me wrong, I hold nothing against those who have WAY, WAY more impressive of a Donnie Baseball collection than I do. I'm happy for them. I may envy their collections... maybe even get a bit jealous, but I'm happy for them. I'm not about to "Occupy" anyone's collection! Smile

I have most of the Donnie Baseball cards that I can afford... and I've had at least 75% of them since they were issued. I pulled most of the 80's-'95 myself and they are still mintyish and in my collection. I'm proud of that and it makes me a "Somewhat-Super Collector" ... at least.