`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about 1998 Topps Minted in Cooperstown cards

Question about 1998 Topps Minted in Cooperstown cards
I would like to know if anyone else has seen this, or has heard of this error before. All of the cards in the 98 Minted in Cooperstown set were embossed with a bronze colored logo except for the World Series sub-set which were embossed with gold foil logo. I have looked through my set, and all of my extras and have not seen another like this card but can not seem to find anything about it when I searched google. The McGwire card on the left clearly has a gold foil logo while the card on the right has the usual bronze/copper colored logo.
Photobucket
The one thing that really peaked my curiosity was when typing in different search terms on google for what I was looking for I typed "1998 topps minted in cooperstown wrong foil" and the very first entry that came up was a link to the COMC site... McGwire card... I clicked it but the only one for sale has the standard bronze foil...any one else ever heard of this error? and would it hold any kind of premium?

RE: Question about 1998 Topps Minted in Cooperstown cards
(12-01-2011, 11:39 AM)ande_23 Wrote: I would like to know if anyone else has seen this, or has heard of this error before. All of the cards in the 98 Minted in Cooperstown set were embossed with a bronze colored logo except for the World Series sub-set which were embossed with gold foil logo. I have looked through my set, and all of my extras and have not seen another like this card but can not seem to find anything about it when I searched google. The McGwire card on the left clearly has a gold foil logo while the card on the right has the usual bronze/copper colored logo.
Photobucket
The one thing that really peaked my curiosity was when typing in different search terms on google for what I was looking for I typed "1998 topps minted in cooperstown wrong foil" and the very first entry that came up was a link to the COMC site... McGwire card... I clicked it but the only one for sale has the standard bronze foil...any one else ever heard of this error? and would it hold any kind of premium?

this is what came up when I did a search in the opg.
http://www.beckett.com/search/#term=1998...%20mcgwire
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: Question about 1998 Topps Minted in Cooperstown cards
not an error, just a printing issue, not extra premium except to maybe a supercollector who looks for oddball printing flaws