`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Way To Sell Cards

Best Way To Sell Cards
Ok so I have a bunch of vintage doubles, close to 1000 atm. '52-'54 Bowman and '52-'56 Topps. None are better than 5, maybe a handful. I sent about 20 of the most valuable cards to Beckett for my pc and none graded higher than that, most are about 3-4.

Im thinking the RC's, Stars, Semi-Stars should probably be sold individually. For the commons Im not really sure what to do as I have a few options.

1. Sell them as a lot to a LCS
2. Sell them as a lot on eBay
3. Shop them around at card shows, Twins fest is just around the corner
4. Go through COMC, sell individually (after persusing '55 Topps on COMC, Id def say the majority of my cards are in better condition than the competition)
5. Sell them individually to set builders here on Beckett (this is obviously the most tedious of the options)

The lowest return will likely be the LCS, but its also the quickest and easiest.

Im just looking for a little advice from some experienced sellers. This is my first time really selling cards.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance.

RE: Best Way To Sell Cards
I guess in my opinion a lot of it depends on your motivations and desired outcomes?

Are you looking to simply move them to clear space? Then you're right, the LCS or a bulk lot on Ebay will be quickest and easiest.

Want a decent profit with somewhat less work? Then something like COMC or lots on Ebay might work.

Want to maximize profit? Then probably sell individually on Ebay. Of course this will take a lot more work on your part, scanning, listing etc.

I don't really deal in vintage, but my impression is that from that era, even commons that are in decent condition will sell (although of course the better the condition, the better the $$).

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I just sold lots of anywhere between 100-500 of each respective year from the 60's on the bay, and they did better than i thought. 7 day auction. 70's are next. I would do as you said though, and sell the stars by them selves. PM me what you have in the way of Hall of Famers.
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

if you have any brooklyn dodgers or ny giants, i may help you take them off your hands
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

I know ceocards doesn't wanna promote the selling here but it really is one of the better places to sell. The community here is not the best anymore but the ones that are here are fair buyers and are happy to get the cards they need and give fair return.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(11-30-2011, 04:03 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: I know ceocards doesn't wanna promote the selling here but it really is one of the better places to sell. The community here is not the best anymore but the ones that are here are fair buyers and are happy to get the cards they need and give fair return.
Agreed, but it is a lot easier to sell Stars on here. commons are a little tougher to move. I only recommend ebay for the stuff you cant move easily on here.
Currently Collecting:

If I were selling, I would first sell anything VG-EX or lower in bulk either on a forum or Ebay. That's probably going to give you the most bang for your buck. I would then take the EX or better, sort them by year and list them on this forum or another. Give everyone a shot at what they need, offer discounts for bulk buys, etc. Then after the smoke clears, move what's left as lots again. If you have anything pre-73 that you think would qualify as NM or better, I would sell those individually too. As for the stars, I would sell them individually. This is a maximizing profit scenario. If you just want to be rid of them, then go with what CEO said.

Oh and no offense to the Beckett people, but you are going to have a better chance of selling vintage elsewhere. There are a few passionate vintage collector's here (myself included) but this is mostly a site geared towards the modern collector.

That being said, check out my signature. I am willing to buy what I have in there.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

I think you should sell the stars individually on the bay - then sell the rest in small lots (10-15) on the bay. I think this way would be maximum profit. Just be real honest on the condition.

If you don't want to deal with ebay, then see if anyone on here would want to buy a larger lot (someone like me that would break them up and sell on ebay in smaller lots - plus keep a few cool ones).

My experience with LCS is that you never get a good deal, unless it is something they know will fly off their shelves.

I have no COMC experience, but if your condition is better, might be worth it (but more up front money).

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

All good advice guys, thanks. After more thought, I think Ill take my time moving them.

I was initially hesitant about selling on here because I wasnt 100% sure of my valuation skills, especially when it came to 60 year old vintage cards. Before I sent the best cards out to Beckett I noted on my spreadsheet what I thought they would grade, I was surprised to find I was pretty accurate, maybe like 80%...some I nailed dead on, some Im still scratching my head about...I guess thats my biggest fear, pissing people off.

There are a few who have PM'ed me and Im keeping you in mind, just might be a bit before I get them all listed, such a tedious process, ugh.

send scans first. I always send scans before i trade or sell vintage
Currently Collecting: