`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would you choose not to allow PM's?

RE: Why would you choose not to allow PM's?
I find that when I go tothe profile and try to send a message it says no will not allow, but if I find them on a post I can use the PM tab and get a message to them.

(11-29-2011, 06:49 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I'm surprised by how many times I want to Pm someone about a card or cards and try to send a PM but they don't share this or that so they can't get a message? I find it odd and unnecessary option
It does that because your using the wrong PM button, one button is directed to their email address that they used to join the site, the other is used for messaging on the site.

The Pm button under the persons thread on the left next to the find button in the forums is for messaging on the site.

The PM button on the right of the screen after you click on a members user name is for messaging on the site.

The "send message" button on the left under the members profile picture, my organize, trade with me, etc..... is used for EMAIL only, this is the one that ties to the email that the member used to sign up with, if they choose not to allow other members to send them messages via email, then you get the warning message that the member does not accept messages.

Hope that helps.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(11-29-2011, 07:57 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: Are you talking about sending a message via their profile or here on the board - I find the PM thing here on the board works, but sending a PM direct from their profile ala where you go to look at their org etc does not, click send a message and always get the same does not accept them response on everyone I've ever tried.
Definite +1, if I send 'um through the boards it goes through, but if you try and send it from their profile page, its not possible.
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(11-29-2011, 07:57 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: Are you talking about sending a message via their profile or here on the board - I find the PM thing here on the board works, but sending a PM direct from their profile ala where you go to look at their org etc does not, click send a message and always get the same does not accept them response on everyone I've ever tried.
The "send a message" is actually to email I believe and it never works for me either.

I have mine set to allow emails, so try messaging me though it if you like and see what happens.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html