`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Best retail pull of my life ... THE LUCK CONTINUES!

RE: Best retail pull of my life, and maybe ever ... UPDATED WITH SCAN!
Swweet sassy mallasee! Nice scan! Thanks for posting!

Yeah fixed things up. She actuallu chose the blaster that had the Harper auto in it. made her feel pretty great !! I am glad topps is adding better stuff to retail. I have had some sweet pulls from retail the last two months. Thanks for the advise on the other thread. I am so ahppy you scanned that beauty !!

congrats!

(12-08-2011, 09:45 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: congrats!
Thanks, mgruber2 ... I'm a fellow Tigers fan and also pulled a Victor Martinez refractor in the box, which I would have been happy with regardless. Hope they make some noise in the offseason, I was kind of hoping for another starter like Wilson, Buehrle, etc. ... we'll see. Take care, RJ

RE: Best retail pull of my life, and maybe ever ... all time. Seriously!
(11-29-2011, 01:12 AM)magneto2 Wrote: Very Nice hit! Sounds like you might want to play lottery with luck like that!
Magneto2, thanks ... yeah, the pack said that prospect auto refractors fell like 1:262 packs ... and I think there are 110 prospects, right? I don't know if they all had an auto parallel or not, but if they did, that would make the Harper about 1:28,820 packs (LOL) ... or about 1:3,602 blasters. Dang ... RJ

Sell it! Buy more cards! lol
[Image: 4493bcb91_zpsb323e81b.jpg]

Looking for 2012 & 2013 Topps inserts and sp's

My bucket

(12-10-2011, 08:29 AM)niener82 Wrote: Sell it! Buy more cards! lol
I know, LOL ... seriously, I haven't even had the itch and it's been two full weeks. I just know I can't do better, because it took me 15 years to do this good and I don't want to wait 15 more years to do it again.

I can't wait for spring training, I hope he makes the team. Take care, RJ

RE: Best retail pull of my life, and maybe ever ... all time. Seriously!
(12-03-2011, 08:01 PM)bigken117 Wrote: oh yeah, it was 08 bowman with Votto on the pack I believe.

Easy to say cause it's not mine, but I'd probably hold on to something like that unless someone made an offer I couldn't refuse. Put it on eBay for 1 1/4 what you'd really want (you want $200? Put it up for $250). You never know. I've definitely been surprised on a couple sales I've made.
You know, I think I'll wait for spring training ... he should be getting tons of hype then.

I actually bought a regular Bowman Harper redemption card online a few months back, I may move that one.

Funny thing is, when I received the actual card from Topps, it was sticking like halfway out of the top loader because they didn't use any tape or a team bag.

I almost passed out when I first saw it, but there must have been enough 'air' in the bubble mailer because the card was flawless. Totally dodged a bullet right there. Take care, RJ

Quick update, I was just too lazy to post a new thread in the basketball section.

Got some holiday cash from my parents, so since there's no new hoops cards out yet, I went with a hobby box of 2009-10 Bowman 48 Basketball.

The cards themselves are not that great, but at three autos a box — with a lot of big names in a relatively short checklist, with very few short prints — for a good price, I went for it.

First auto ... Kirk Hinrich.

Second auto ... Antawn Jamison

Third auto, second to last pack in box ... Earvin 'Magic' Johnson.

Happy New Year on that one! RJ

awesome hit!