`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
is it worth grading these

is it worth grading these
I have some common 1909-11 t-206s. about 10 of them. Since they are not PC, I am going to sell them. they would grade somewhere between 1-3. I know the grade would not make a huge difference, I was just wondering if having them slabbed and authenticated would add enough value to make it worth it as opposed to selling them raw.
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

RE: is it worth grading these
(11-28-2011, 10:39 AM)jwest1334 Wrote: I have some common 1909-11 t-206s. about 10 of them. Since they are not PC, I am going to sell them. they would grade somewhere between 1-3. I know the grade would not make a huge difference, I was just wondering if having them slabbed and authenticated would add enough value to make it worth it as opposed to selling them raw.
cards of that era should always be graded if you ask me.

Tough to say, as the additional money you would get from grading them would probably offset the cost of having them graded. It might be a wash, but if one of them came back a higher grade than expected then you could definitely gain more. Since you are looking to sell them I would probably get them graded.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/
Heart 
Anything that old should get graded, in my opinion. If I was looking to buy and did not have to go to the trouble of getting them graded myself, I would be more interested. I would account for that cost in my offer, of course.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I agree with everyone on here. You should get them graded. People pay more attention to the graded ones!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I personally would be more interested in a card from that era if it were graded.
Matt Holliday Refractors -75/162 - 46.3%
2006 UC Ensemble Triple Auto 69/87 - 79.0%
2007 UD Future Stars Triple Auto 11/18 - 61.0%
2007 SS Dual Auto Brwn Glv/Blk Ink 7/34 - 20.5%
[Image: TXqak.png]

I think also knowing that the cards have not been trimmed or altered is huge. I have a T206 Sherry Magee that is an SGC Authentic. It is amazing looking but just a touch small, so I assume the Authentic on the label was from trimming. I would have probably paid more for it if it was a little beat up but not altered.
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)

Grade 'em!
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts