`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1956 Topps Set

1956 Topps Set
Im currently working on collating a 1956 Topps set and have a question.

There arent any prices listed for the Grey Backs, but PSA set registry composition has them listed as being on even footing when considering weight.

Are the grey backs ultra rare? I seem to have quite a few.

Also what the heck is this set all about? - http://www.psacard.com/PSASETREGISTRY/Se...aspx?c=665

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

RE: 1956 Topps Set
I think that Series 1 (1-80?) were mostly white back w/grey back SP. the middle series (81-170) were about even distribution, and the upper series were mostly greyback with the White back SP.

I found an article online a while back that explained it this way. I was thinking about picking up a Jim Rivera Grey back and was trying to figure the value.
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

Taken from the OPG listing.

"Cards 1 to 180 come with either white or gray backs: in the 1 to 100 sequence, gray backs are less common (worth about 10 percent more) and in the 101 to 180 sequence, white backs are less common (worth 30 percent more)."
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

I believe the Hocus Focus cards from your link were part of a separate set of cards. They were blank fronts that only revealed a picture when wiped with a damp cloth. The set had famous landmarks, people, and sports figures with clues on the back to who you would reveal on the front. I think those players listed on the link were a "sub-set" of the overall Hocus Focus set.

Great info, thanks guys.