`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
How much would you pay for this set?

RE: How much would you pay for this set?
(11-28-2011, 07:38 PM)iujapander Wrote: I have no idea what that would go for, but if anyone ever buys it, do me a favor and send them a message that I'll pay $30 for #398 if they part it out Smile
I'll keep that in mind! Smile i will also keep my eyes posted too.

I wish I had the money to buy this set. I think it is so cool and I love that you built it yourself. I agree if you wait to sell for a while you will get more. What an amazing set, doing all 3 sets it so crazy wild. If you ever get the chance I wish you would post a few pics. it has to really be an awesome pic. I have pulled 3 of these all year after 3 12 box cases of the stuff. thats 1 per case. I am so proud that you could build it. WAY TO GO MAN !! I hope you make BANK on this sucker.

Yeah personally I would sit on it for about a year as they get harder to find the more it will fetch in value. I do believe you would get atleast a $1000.00 for it. You did it the right way though by finding them all and completeing it all the same year. My problem with completeing the 1996 Derek Jeter collection is finding the last couple cards. seeing that 1996 was 15 years ago they have been bought and resold multiple times and some have been stashed away in a box and probably forgotten. I was dumb back in the late 90's and early 2000's as I had a buch of his cards and collected him but I bought the hot cards at that time and alot of those people just never panned out so the money I spent the was a loss. Now I am having issues finding the last 11 since I know where a few 1996 Mirror Golds are but don't have $5000.00 to drop on it and I believe there asking too much when just this time last year one sold for $800.00 that I missed.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(11-29-2011, 08:19 PM)Jakelovescards Wrote: I wish I had the money to buy this set. I think it is so cool and I love that you built it yourself. I agree if you wait to sell for a while you will get more. What an amazing set, doing all 3 sets it so crazy wild. If you ever get the chance I wish you would post a few pics. it has to really be an awesome pic. I have pulled 3 of these all year after 3 12 box cases of the stuff. thats 1 per case. I am so proud that you could build it. WAY TO GO MAN !! I hope you make BANK on this sucker.
Thank you! Here is the link to my photobucket. LMK if it doesn't work.
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504...t007stein/

(11-29-2011, 09:15 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Yeah personally I would sit on it for about a year as they get harder to find the more it will fetch in value. I do believe you would get atleast a $1000.00 for it. You did it the right way though by finding them all and completeing it all the same year. My problem with completeing the 1996 Derek Jeter collection is finding the last couple cards. seeing that 1996 was 15 years ago they have been bought and resold multiple times and some have been stashed away in a box and probably forgotten. I was dumb back in the late 90's and early 2000's as I had a buch of his cards and collected him but I bought the hot cards at that time and alot of those people just never panned out so the money I spent the was a loss. Now I am having issues finding the last 11 since I know where a few 1996 Mirror Golds are but don't have $5000.00 to drop on it and I believe there asking too much when just this time last year one sold for $800.00 that I missed.
Good luck with completing the set. You can do it!! (I'm hoping I'd get more than $1000 for it...hopefully about 10X that if the right buyer came along.)

Nice complete set!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Beckett values it at 19k..so maybe they will buy it for 19k from you... isn't this how price guide works? LOL... Dude great job in collecting the set... The only way you are gonna get over 5k + for this set is you get them all graded. I would see if you could trade the set for a solid graded mantle card and just put it in a safety deposit box for 25 years.
Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...

My bet is this set will be rarer than a graded Mantle. How many of these exist? I am betting 1.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(11-30-2011, 05:37 PM)mjanooz Wrote: Beckett values it at 19k..so maybe they will buy it for 19k from you... isn't this how price guide works? LOL... Dude great job in collecting the set... The only way you are gonna get over 5k + for this set is you get them all graded. I would see if you could trade the set for a solid graded mantle card and just put it in a safety deposit box for 25 years.
I'm going to check into seeing what 990 cards graded would be... Actually, make that like 987, since 3 of them were graded when I bought them!

BUMP!!!!

I doubt you will get anywhere even close to $10k. If you ant the max value for it, selling it as a complete set will hurt that goal SIGNIFICANTLY. You might get somewhat close to 10k if you sold them individually, maybe.