`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panini is a straight joke, I am done...

RE: Panini is a straight joke, I am done...
(11-27-2011, 02:12 AM)branesergen Wrote: To me it just seems like its Panini. Topps seems to do ok. A $100 box of Finest gave me its value and then some. If Panini cant get the autos to put into the actual product then they need to lower the hit count and lower the box price. People say the masses are screaming for more autos and more patches but its counterproductive the way Panini is handling it. I personally would rather pay $50 for a box of Certified and only get 1 or 2 hits that are actually in the box then pay $100 for the same 1 to 2 hits and one be missing and the 4th hit is a redemption. Topps Chrome is a perfect example - $100 for a box with ONE auto. Sells VERY well. No redemptions (That I know of) yet it flies off the shelves - why? Because Topps is inventive and load their boxes up with quality players for the most part and puts inserts in every pack so you actually get $100 worth of product and not $10 worth thats in a Panini box. Hell Panini already has 17 1/1's of every player in any particular product, why not remove a redemption and make 2 or 3 more 1/1's in their place lol

I agree with you , really every single topps product I've busted this year I got great value on it, and great cards. Finest for sure, and topps prime also. Topps chrome is really nice this year too, they know what they're doing. Of course you'll have redemptions with them every now and then too, but not to the crazy extent that panini does.

(11-26-2011, 03:43 PM)vicktodesean710 Wrote: Half a case of certified, EVERY box had a redemption for straight junk freshman fabric autos. Over 500 dollars spent today, and the best cards i pulled (the cobb, julio triple jersey (not even worth anything), and the hankerson I pulled out of PACKS. This is pathetic, I've spent over 1000 on cards in the past week, and I've pulled I believe ten redemption's. They will be getting a nice call from me monday, and they sure as hell better make due or something. Lets push back a product a month so there won't be as many redemption's in it, yet you open six boxes and every auto hit is a redemption. The only autos I pulled that weren't redemption's were the bullshit 6th rounder autos that I use as coasters. Sorry for the rant but its so sicking anymore, I can see why tons of people left the hobby. Sometimes I wish it was still as simple as pulling a jersey card back in the early 2000's and that made your week. Heres the scans of what I have to show for 500

Redemptions:
Lost one of them ( some bum )
Blue Vincent Brown
Jon Baldwin
Jordan Todman ( why do they even make cards of this guy, I don't even think he's on a NFL roster)

Not Scanned - Da'Quan Bowers Red Auto /250 AWESOME HIT yeah right and some random GU and Autos that are just going in a big lot I'm throwing on ebay, I pull so much garbage I put big auto & game used lots on ebay it seems like once a week

[Image: BullshitCards1168.jpg]

[Image: BullshitCards1169.jpg]
i agree.the last REAL HIT that was in a price guide for actually more than 20 bucks was n 08 and it was a college auto of matt ryan 5/25 upper deck heros.many,many more boxes purchased and nothing.sucks

Photobucket

BANNER MADE BY BLAYNERO.THANKS ALOT

(11-26-2011, 03:43 PM)vicktodesean710 Wrote: Half a case of certified, EVERY box had a redemption for straight junk freshman fabric autos. Over 500 dollars spent today, and the best cards i pulled (the cobb, julio triple jersey (not even worth anything), and the hankerson I pulled out of PACKS. This is pathetic, I've spent over 1000 on cards in the past week, and I've pulled I believe ten redemption's. They will be getting a nice call from me monday, and they sure as hell better make due or something. Lets push back a product a month so there won't be as many redemption's in it, yet you open six boxes and every auto hit is a redemption. The only autos I pulled that weren't redemption's were the bullshit 6th rounder autos that I use as coasters. Sorry for the rant but its so sicking anymore, I can see why tons of people left the hobby. Sometimes I wish it was still as simple as pulling a jersey card back in the early 2000's and that made your week. Heres the scans of what I have to show for 500

Redemptions:
Lost one of them ( some bum )
Blue Vincent Brown
Jon Baldwin
Jordan Todman ( why do they even make cards of this guy, I don't even think he's on a NFL roster)

Not Scanned - Da'Quan Bowers Red Auto /250 AWESOME HIT yeah right and some random GU and Autos that are just going in a big lot I'm throwing on ebay, I pull so much garbage I put big auto & game used lots on ebay it seems like once a week

[Image: BullshitCards1168.jpg]

[Image: BullshitCards1169.jpg]
JT(as he signs his AUTO'S????) made the PRACTICE squad yet Topps has him as one of the major hits from the Chargers think he was drafted like 186 or something really SAD , One of the many reasons I am switching to NASCAR only! At least then you have heard of the "scrub" auto you pull ( only like 100 drivers in the top 3 levels of racing!) I feel your pain I wasted way to much money on the Big 3 this year won't ever be doing that again

http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/scampbell379/
I collect Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken and Stan Musial in base ball and all the OFF Roaders in NASCAR, and bust FB every now and then but no emotional attachment to any of the hits i pull if some thing catches your eye let me know

(11-27-2011, 08:38 PM)tonygwynnandcalripke Wrote: JT(as he signs his AUTO'S????) made the PRACTICE squad yet Topps has him as one of the major hits from the Chargers think he was drafted like 186 or something really SAD , One of the many reasons I am switching to NASCAR only! At least then you have heard of the "scrub" auto you pull ( only like 100 drivers in the top 3 levels of racing!) I feel your pain I wasted way to much money on the Big 3 this year won't ever be doing that again
Topps - I swear, Taiwon Jones and Jordan Todman signed 9 million cards for them. I loved pulling them in all my Topps products.

i'd rather get a Todman on card auto then a redemption for D. Murray....hic hic, sarcasm....
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(11-26-2011, 04:48 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: Another awful thing about redemptions is that they expire. If one of these guys turns out to be something big in the future, there will be no autos available from older wax, just the worthless redemption of the player that the company was to lazy or didn't care enough about getting, to fulfill their obligation to their customers. I do believe it is the card company's obligation to get the autographs of the players they say are on the checklist. If it is the player (who signed the agreement as part of being a compensated member of the player's association/NFL Properties), the company should be able to sue players for services not rendered.

Two short things. I don't know why I come to the defense of Panini and Upper Deck, but I just seem to do that. First.....I recommened buying cards that you want if people can't stand disappointment. Nothing is guaranteed when you open a box or a case. Yes it would be nice to get a PC hit, yes it would be nice to get the box value or case value. Trust me, I have been there plenty of times. I have been collecting for nearly 20 years, spent thousands of dollars. I would say I spend at least $10,000 year on cards, but I have learned to deal with the fact that a box or a case is going to contain whatever is in it. If you were given some money to open 10 of the best cases out there, there is no guarantee you will be happy with what you pull. It is just like a fooball game or any sport, any given day. It is all a chance.

Now for this post. I wish we knew more about card companies and their practices. Meaning, what I see in this post, it seems like maybe the card companies send out stickers every two weeks before a product is released and the stickers that are sent out within a month of a product is released, they put redemptions in for them. Really, we can't blame the company. For example, back in August, Panini annouced that they received signed stickers back for Chris Henry, yes the deceased Chris Henry of the Bengals. What happened? My guess is that he signed them, never sent them in. His family ran across them as they were cleaning his room....his house, whatever his living situation was, and mailed them in. It is up to the players to mail back the cards/stickers. No company can make a player do anything even though they are paying them. I do get the fact that redemption shouldn't expire or at least be honored in some way but from my understanding, there are government regulation that the companies have to ad heard to when it comes to redemptions and or contests which redemptions fall under. So when we are saying that the companies are too lazy, we really don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I am quite sure most players are given the same or rather a great amount of time to get the stickers back to the company. We need to stop blaming them because we don't really know who is the cause.

Don't be suprised if you see what I mentioned above again. I wanted to do a post on this topic anyway.

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

There are a lot of good points here. It is a little too easy letting card companies off the hook and blaming it on the players in regard to getting signatures. If the signatures are not returning to the company in a timely manner, the company needs to change it's policy on how they are obtained. If the player has not signed for the 1st few products, eliminate them from later products.

What happens often is the players stickers come in late, Panini gets them in the new products and then drags their feet about fulfilling their redemptions. I'm still waiting on a Dez Bryant redemption from Plates and Patches in 2010. Yet I have seen his sig showing up in other products.

I would rather get something in hand with my purchase than have to deal with the same no name player and having to send in redemption and spend time constantly checking/updating the site.

A few players not signing on time is tolerable. The numbers not signing has increased significantly in the past few years because not signing is becoming accepted by the companies.
(12-01-2011, 11:26 AM)kollectornet Wrote: Two short things. I don't know why I come to the defense of Panini and Upper Deck, but I just seem to do that. First.....I recommened buying cards that you want if people can't stand disappointment. Nothing is guaranteed when you open a box or a case. Yes it would be nice to get a PC hit, yes it would be nice to get the box value or case value. Trust me, I have been there plenty of times. I have been collecting for nearly 20 years, spent thousands of dollars. I would say I spend at least $10,000 year on cards, but I have learned to deal with the fact that a box or a case is going to contain whatever is in it. If you were given some money to open 10 of the best cases out there, there is no guarantee you will be happy with what you pull. It is just like a fooball game or any sport, any given day. It is all a chance.

Now for this post. I wish we knew more about card companies and their practices. Meaning, what I see in this post, it seems like maybe the card companies send out stickers every two weeks before a product is released and the stickers that are sent out within a month of a product is released, they put redemptions in for them. Really, we can't blame the company. For example, back in August, Panini annouced that they received signed stickers back for Chris Henry, yes the deceased Chris Henry of the Bengals. What happened? My guess is that he signed them, never sent them in. His family ran across them as they were cleaning his room....his house, whatever his living situation was, and mailed them in. It is up to the players to mail back the cards/stickers. No company can make a player do anything even though they are paying them. I do get the fact that redemption shouldn't expire or at least be honored in some way but from my understanding, there are government regulation that the companies have to ad heard to when it comes to redemptions and or contests which redemptions fall under. So when we are saying that the companies are too lazy, we really don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I am quite sure most players are given the same or rather a great amount of time to get the stickers back to the company. We need to stop blaming them because we don't really know who is the cause.

Don't be suprised if you see what I mentioned above again. I wanted to do a post on this topic anyway.

Panini is an absolute JOKE!!! I dont buy any Panini products. Only Topps, except for a pack here and there. Screw Panini, only Topps for me! Panini's customer service is the worst I have ever experienced in my life, not just cards. That is saying alot, I have come across some horrible CS, but Panini is the worst!

You dont have to know whats going on behind the sceens to see what Panini is doing. All you have to do is look at all the product out there. Panini is mass producing too much product and using redemptions as a way to justify the fact that they dont have everything they are promising. Yes one can blame the players but only in a SMALL extent. I have, in my hand right now, a 2011 Finest Patch auto Christian Ponder numbered to 100 and also in my other hand is 3 other players, exact same card, numbered to 599. Now what it appears to me that Topps did is ONLY MAKE 100 CARDS if they only got back 100 of the 600 stickers. Panini will still MAKE all 600 cards and insert them as redemptions instead of only producing 100 cards. There IS a guarantee when you buy a box and that guarantee is 4 HITS - Not 2 hits and 2 redemptions you may or may not get in the next 2 years, 4 HITS. No where on that box or case does it say "Guaranteed 4 hits (or redemptions) PER BOX (on average)" it says "Guaranteed 4 hits per box (on average)" Panini is 1000% at fault for this widespread disappointment. And can be rectified in a simple manner - Stop making the redemptions take so long. If you dont have the card, issue a replacement in the time specified. As far as I'm concerned Panini is in breach of contract each time a card is not delivered in the time frame specified. That redemption said I was getting that specific card and I didnt - Panini lied to me! DOWN WITH PANINI! I hope they lose their license.

(12-01-2011, 11:26 AM)kollectornet Wrote: Two short things. I don't know why I come to the defense of Panini and Upper Deck, but I just seem to do that. First.....I recommened buying cards that you want if people can't stand disappointment. Nothing is guaranteed when you open a box or a case. Yes it would be nice to get a PC hit, yes it would be nice to get the box value or case value. Trust me, I have been there plenty of times. I have been collecting for nearly 20 years, spent thousands of dollars. I would say I spend at least $10,000 year on cards, but I have learned to deal with the fact that a box or a case is going to contain whatever is in it. If you were given some money to open 10 of the best cases out there, there is no guarantee you will be happy with what you pull. It is just like a fooball game or any sport, any given day. It is all a chance.

Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I'm in the minority here but I will post. I have had minimal issues with panini in getting either my redemptions or replacements for cards not made. The rep I deal with has been fantastic whenever I've had an issue. It's unfortunately a matter who you get when you pick up the phone. As far as redemptions in product, not thrilled with it, but it is what it is...what bothers me is topps putting a redemption in for a full set in baseball and then before product is released decides it's for 5 or 6 cards...that is bait and switch in my opinion especially when the redemption says set
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

I don't believe that redemptions are a contest. They are a commitment from the company to get that item at a later date, within 4-8 months as stated in the options on how long you are willing to wait. There is no chance involved with who you get on the redemption, it is stated on the card, so there is no contest. The only thing that would make it a contest is the "replacement" aspect of the redemption card. So if the company did what they are supposed to, then there would be no replacements, so no contest, so redemptions would not be classified as such. (Fictional example) The 2005 boxes are very expensive because Aaron Rodgers cards are possible hits, but if they are redemptions, you will not get the card as it is Expired. The company sold the product to dealers and collectors at a high price with the understanding that Aaron Rodgers signatures were possible among other rookies. So the company is using false advertising to sell products, as they don't hold the items advertised on the checklist. It doesn't say on the checklist that the card is a redemption, nor does it say that the card is a redemption in Beckett after a certain number of years. I don't think players are that hard to find. I know where they are for 16 Sundays, and multiple weeks during training camps. Card companies have enough $ to send a representative to the facility and get the items signed.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.