`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Krause Publications Standard Catolouge

Latest Krause Publications Standard Catolouge
Anyone know if there is going to be a Modern Sets release? I know they released a Vintage Card one, wondering if they planned on a Modern Set release at some point?

Also I hope Beckett isn't planning on doing the same breakup of the Almanac next year.

RE: Latest Krause Publications Standard Catolouge
There will be no modern "Standard Catalog" for a while, if ever. Earlier this year, when F&W eliminated Tuff Stuff and changed SCD back to a bi-weekly, they also let go their entire price staff. Since keeping up with newer cards is a full time job in itself, there were no modern cards this year.

In addition, Bob Lemke, the editor of the Standard Catalog, posted on the Net 54 Vintage Board that with the release of the 2012 Standard Catalog, he is no longer associated with that venture.

That will leave only Beckett as the only hobby publisher to produce works like that.

Regards
Rich

I guess I should pick up that 2012 edition then since the last one I have, and still use as it's a great reference tool, is from 2007.

Damn. Sounds like I should be following the physical side of the hobby more closely.

I knew Wizard World ceased their Toy Fare, as well as Wizard itself, mag at the start of the year and the other toy mags that I follow (Lee's Toy Review and Tomart's Action Figures) seem to be disappearing as well. But I didn't think the grand poppah of all collectible hobbies (baseball cards, not Krause specifically) would get affected that quickly.

I know stuff that is in them is online now, and clearly for the better (and better organized, i.e. I'd like to know that the 2003 Tom Seaver card I'm buying shows him as a Red for example), but still, sad to see stuff like that cease to be.

Quote:I guess I should pick up that 2012 edition then since the last one I have, and still use as it's a great reference tool, is from 2007.

Since 2012 is all about the Vintage, I'd get either the 2010 (everything is on a CD-Rom PDF file) or the 2011 (CD-Rom PDF only has the Vintage)

(11-26-2011, 08:35 PM)stevejrogersjr Wrote: Since 2012 is all about the Vintage, I'd get either the 2010 (everything is on a CD-Rom PDF file) or the 2011 (CD-Rom PDF only has the Vintage)
Perfect for me as I'm all (well, 95%) about the vintage. I wouldn't want a CD-Rom version anyway. Can't bring it with me to the bathroom and leaf through it.

(11-26-2011, 09:01 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I wouldn't want a CD-Rom version anyway. Can't bring it with me to the bathroom and leaf through it.
LOL...+1

There are no plans to change the baseball books lineup that I am aware of.

In fact, we're adding a book soon -- the first annual book dedicated to pricing of GRADED cards (all sports with non-sport, too).

It's coming soon.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)