`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on a case of '92 UD

Thoughts on a case of '92 UD
At a local antique store, one of the sellers has an unopened case of 1992 Upper Deck baseball for $100. It contains 20 unopened boxes with 36 packs per box. It has Manny Ramirez and Shawn Green RCs and the extreme longshot of a Ted Williams auto. Anyone think it's worth rolling the dice on?

RE: Thoughts on a case of '92 UD
I'd probably have to pass. Way too much of those made. The auto would be bout the only way it would be wworth it. I did the same with a case of 01 upper deck golf. Pulled 2 game used, and built 5 complete sets that sit in my closet now. Only good thing was 7 tiger woods rc's. But I didn't give but $70 for that case off the bay.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

(11-26-2011, 01:22 PM)jplarson Wrote: At a local antique store, one of the sellers has an unopened case of 1992 Upper Deck baseball for $100. It contains 20 unopened boxes with 36 packs per box. It has Manny Ramirez and Shawn Green RCs and the extreme longshot of a Ted Williams auto. Anyone think it's worth rolling the dice on?
Check if it is a Series 1 or 2 case. Series 1 has the Ted Williams heroes, while Series 2 has Johnny Bench / Joe Morgan heroes. If you pulled the Ted Williams card it would make the case a great buy, and if you pulled the Bench/Morgan it would make you do a little better than breaking even.
Personally I would pass, as the Manny RC isn't worth it since he was caught taking PEDs. That means you would have to hit one of the autos to make the case worth it. I am not sure what the odds were on either auto, but I know that with only 2500 of each they aren't even close to 1 per case.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I guess it would be like buying a $100 lottery ticket -I can only find one Williams on eBay for 1500. Not sure what you would be able to sell it for, but would be cool to pull one!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Odds were about 1 in 50 cases back in the day. VERY long odds on that pull.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

my instincts would tell me to pass. Only notable RC is Ramirez and the chance of pulling an auto is very slim. use your money for something else.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

Thanks all for the responses. I'm going to let this one pass.

The Williams auto books for far less than $1500. The last few I saw on ebay sold for around $400 and $600. $100 for the case is $5/ box but even so it would still be hard to make your money back unless you hit the auto.
Master set builder always looking for SP's from Heritage, A&G, and Goudey
also c
ollecting all things Claudell Washington and Justin Ruggiano
http://s243.photo
bucket.com/albums/ff230/heatert/

Pass it up. Odds are not in your favor.
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

Good choice not to purchase it.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1