`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
WHICH PLAYERS ONLY HAVE A FEW AUTO CARDS?

RE: WHICH PLAYERS ONLY HAVE A FEW AUTO CARDS?
Buckunteer.. NICE. Which card is it? I still want an auto of him.. but it's on the backburner right now. going after a Shaq (lakers) auto right now.. Trying hard not to spend money so I can buy some of the new boxes coming out.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

it's the 1999-00 topps auto. Absurdly cheap for an earlier auto, IMHO. that and the Bowman's Best auto from that year are by far the lowest in bv, but ya gotta start somewhere, right??

His autos that book for $20 and $25 have buy it nows of like $40 on the 'bay so I was very fortunate to pick this one up in a lot that had a few nicer base and low-end inserts I needed as well...got 30 PC Richmonds coming in in the lot and just got both his RCs in a trade as well so the supercollection is looking up!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Pistol Pete - 15 autos... I assume all are serialized to under 10, except three, which one is multi-sport product (1995 Action Pack- was this an actual signature?).

Looking to get a Chronology Pete Maravich Auto to add to my collection...
** http://www.beckett.com/basketball/2007-0...ch-6787742
*United States Navy*

more players with limited or no autos.. I been going through the complete Lakers roster.. looking for old-time players autos.. Happy Hairston has an interesting career.. recommend reading up on him. He played with WILT.. hit over 1,000 rebounds in one season, while Wilt had 1,500+ in same season. Only team to have two players with over 1,000 rebounds in a single season

HAPPY HAIRSTON - no autos, only 13 cards total - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Hairston
Vern Mikkelsen - 17 autos, only 48 cards
Matt Barnes - 12 autos, only 86 cards
Steve Blake - 32 autos, only 250 cards, no autos after 05-06 ?? thought Panini would drop a lakers auto??
Brian Shaw - no autos, only 204 cards
*United States Navy*

Just for you jpleaze...

[Image: Richmondauto001.jpg]

Incidentally one of his 2000-01 Finest Moments Refractors Auto sold for like 20% over HIGH bv a couple days ago so I was lucky to get this reasonable!

Also makes me long for the days of all on-card autos and at least somewhat legible sigs haha.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

that's a sweet card... you better hold on to that one!!
*United States Navy*

(02-07-2012, 04:36 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: that's a sweet card... you better hold on to that one!!

No worries there. It's one of my first basketball PC autos. Got about 8-10 football PC autos (Buckeyes) but the only basketball PC autos I had was a pair of Jim Jackson autos (first-year autographics and 11-12 SP Authentic by the letter auto), so this one is nice!

Just need an MJ now...*sigh*

(02-01-2012, 01:40 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: 16, 10 are on-card autos.. 126 jersey/patch cards...

surprised.. he only has 531 cards.. I would think he'd have more, since all card companies been throwing in HOF players in most of their sets..
Now this is interesting, I always thought he had just 2 on-card autos: the Retro and the Epic Signatures, with their variations. I have seen a lot of "cut" autos of him, but always thought he had just those 2 on card versions.
MJ Collector, Autograph Collector

Frankie.. ya, you might be right. I haven't seen any of the other autos. When I search Beckett database, I click on basketball, then "on card autos" & it comes up with 10. Below is a list of what Beckett has listed with print runs... the cards listed after the space were created after Wilt Chamberlain's death in 1999 (August 21, 1936 – October 12, 1999).

Has anybody seen any of the new WILT autos?

1999-00 Upper Deck Retro Inkredible #WC Wilt Chamberlain
1999-00 Upper Deck Retro Inkredible Level 2 #WC Wilt Chamberlain/13
1999 Upper Deck Century Legends Epic Signatures #WC Wilt Chamberlain
1999 Upper Deck Century Legends Epic Signatures Century #WC Wilt Chamberlain/100

2002-03 Ultimate Collection Buybacks #22 Wilt Chamberlain#{99-0UDHard#FG6/2
2007-08 Chronology Autographs Gold #99 Wilt Chamberlain /10
2007-08 Topps Mini Exclusives Autographs #MEWC Wilt Chamberlain
2009-10 Greats of the Game Link to the Past Signatures #LRC Bill Russell#{Wilt Chamberlain
2011 Upper Deck All Time Greats Legacy Dual Book Card Autographs #LARC Bill Russell#{Wilt Chamberlain /2
2011 Upper Deck All Time Greats Legacy Dual Book Card Autographs #LAWC Wilt Chamberlain#{Jerry West /1
*United States Navy*

That is exactly what I was thinking. I am a proud owner of both the Retro and the Epic Signatures, back in 1999 I was a BIG fan of those 2 sets and must have busted over 100 boxes of them. I remember pulling the Epic the same time his death was announced; the cover the the beckett for that month was him with the announcement.

I have not seen any of the other autos myself. I have seen a lot of "cut autos" of him, but no other on-card autos other than those 2.
MJ Collector, Autograph Collector