`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Boy....I wonder if this guy is a shill bidder....hmmmm

RE: Boy....I wonder if this guy is a shill bidder....hmmmm
and add to the list fake patch cards and bogus early MJ Star cards. Pretty much he is the bottom feeding slime of this hobby.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

We don't shill bid auctions.. There was just a 10 page thread on this last week on blowout's forums. We made 30+ posts and gave plenty of proven examples on why it's not shill bidding. The user you questioned came in to prove it is not shill bidding (hint: user is #1 seller on checkoutmycards...). Since the origin of the post was proven to be false, the mods at blowout deleted the thread to my dismay as a lot of good info was in it. I don't really want to spend a lot of time on this issue again as this thread will just get locked if things are elaborated on, but it was proven we don't shill bid. Hopefully someone on both boards can enlighten.. If anyone wants proof email me at TBoyd@bigboydsportscards.com or call 513-833-5158 and I will get them the info..

Terry

of course YOU dont shill. you have outside groups to do it for you

dont even bother pm'ing me again. i didnt read em the last time, wont read em this time

[Image: oj.jpg]

(12-01-2011, 10:19 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: of course YOU dont shill. you have outside groups to do it for you

dont even bother pm'ing me again. i didnt read em the last time, wont read em this time
If you ever want to go over the actual facts feel free to call me. Your assumptions are just plain irresponsible and most the stuff you post about us is false. Go back to stealing your unclaimed insurance estimates and stealing cards you win on ebay by getting refunds and not returning cards. You are more a fraud than we could ever be. And until you actually pick up the phone and call me (or let me call you) to discuss facts like a professional, you are a coward as well. I would have PM'd this, but I wanted you to read it..

(11-25-2011, 09:52 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: LOL! He does have a tendency to show up on the boards when a thread is discussing him and his practices.

I'm a firm believer in "where there's smoke, there's fire" and I've seen his name pop up on a few boards over the past couple of years (only been active of forums for that long) with examples of shilling and selling back doored cards with autographs on them that should never have been on there since the player never actually signed.
And it happen!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(12-01-2011, 10:29 PM)bigboyd3 Wrote: If you ever want to go over the actual facts feel free to call me. Your assumptions are just plain irresponsible and most the stuff you post about us is false. Go back to stealing your unclaimed insurance estimates and stealing cards you win on ebay by getting refunds and not returning cards. You are more a fraud than we could ever be. And until you actually pick up the phone and call me (or let me call you) to discuss facts like a professional, you are a coward as well. I would have PM'd this, but I wanted you to read it..
want me to post the email where you said i was to keep the cards, because you were having a little hissy fit?
i just did as you asked

and this after trying to scam me with a lot worth what? 10-20% of advertised bv and then tried laying the blame on someone else

(12-01-2011, 10:38 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: want me to post the email where you said i was to keep the cards, because you were having a little hissy fit?
i just did as you asked

and this after trying to scam me with a lot worth what? 10-20% of advertised bv and then tried laying the blame on someone else?
Was that the lot where you had a contest/guessing game as to actual BV versus advertised BV?

(12-01-2011, 10:38 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: want me to post the email where you said i was to keep the cards, because you were having a little hissy fit?
i just did as you asked

and this after trying to scam me with a lot worth what? 10-20% of advertised bv and then tried laying the blame on someone else?
If I recall, told you to send whatever you thought cards were worth. You sent nothing so I'm guessing cards hit the garbage? You left us negative feedback for receiving free cards.. You claim we left you negative feedback on another ID, which is just false.. We actually left you positive feedback immediately. You are a liar. Call me, lets discuss. Spend 10-15 minutes on the phone discussing some issues in a professional matter and if you are not satisfied with our conversation will send you $100 thru paypal for your time.

This was a dead thread.. If we shill bid, would I really post to reopen the thread? Like I said there was just a 10 page thread last week that discussed all facts and it was proven no shill bidding was going on. I see people on this board are much less interested in facts and just want to talk conspiracies and base their thoughts on erroneous and baseless information..

Here's my standard reply to these type of threads.. Not sure if it really matters because no one seems to care about the truth as I have posted it before, but here goes again..

We do not, have not, and will not ever shill bid an auction. The user you pointed out, yes, bids a lot on our items. They also win a lot of items and they pay for all the items. Why they choose to mainly bid on our cards, I don't know. The user is actually a huge seller and is the #1 seller on a different site (COMC). Everything they buy is for re-sale. We sell so many items per week (the most of anyone on a weekly basis in the sports card category) that we have many customers that come back and bid on many items. Bid activity by itself is a bad judge to see if someone is shilling. Just because you see a high bid activitiy does not mean a user is shill bidding items. We even have an ebay name that we use to buy just memorabilia and nothing else. We only buy from 2-3 guys so our bid activity is probably 40-75% for those guys and there is absolutely nothing shady going on. Do you see any of the items the buyer wins ever re-listed on our or any ebay account? No. Why? Because the user buys them and posts them for sale on a different site. If you actually do research, I'm sure you can figure out who it is..

I would hope that if someone was shilling they would not be stupid enough to bid on 1000+ items at 85%+, bid activity. That is what should make it even more obvious it is not shilling. Ebay would put a stop to it if it was. Ebay is very tough on shill bidding. We once had an old employee bid on an item (one item) and we immediately got a warning for shill bidding. We had to explain to ebay that the person had not worked for us for over a year.

We can show paypal payments for everything the user has won if requested. Our items sell for more than others because we have a strong customer base and always have auctions running. Our customers are happy with their service and our selection.

You all are entitled to your opinion, I just get sick of the false rumors going around message boards and felt the need to defend ourselves (once again) in a public forum. In all these boards I always provide my phone number, 513-833-5158, if someone wants to call to discuss (no one ever does). If you actually do significant research, you will see there is no shill bidding going on. I will say again, using bid activity as sole proof of shill bidding is not smart. We have many many buyers that have 50%+ bid activity with us and all of them are loyal paying customers.

Terry Boyd
- BigBoyd Sports Cards