`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: PO Box worth it?

OT: PO Box worth it?
I've been debating on getting a PO Box here recently. I'm wondering if anyone here uses one? I know some of the pros are probably being paranoid, but whatever.

PROS
1. I've been averaging over a card a day in purchases/trades. So I think with the volume it is justified.
2. Having expensive cards sit in the mail box before I get them makes me nervous.
3. Not giving out my address to potential robbers/crazy people (not directed towards this site at all, just a thought).
4. Don't have to worry about weather. Rain and ice but also the 95% humidity days in the summer.

CONS
1. Another expense. I think I would have to get an 11" by 5" box, but not sure. That one is $55 for six months, so not a lot but still.
2. Having to drive to get the cards. The post office I would go to is kind of on the way home from work, but still wouldn't go everyday.
3. I would have to know when things would be arriving. Or I would have to find out what happens if the box overflows.

I'm actually leaning towards getting one so if anyone has one and likes it, or hated it I'd like to hear.

RE: OT: PO Box worth it?
I like the idea. I am considering the doing the same thing. If it rains here alot someof my mail gets wet. I am not sure what they do if it overflows, and I also will not be able to check it everyday. I am leaning more towards the "yes get one" !!

If the box overflows they put a notice in to tell you to pick the rest up at the desk. My post office also has like 10 large boxes for everyone labeled A-J. If you got a big package they would put it in the bigger box and put the key in your normal box.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(11-23-2011, 08:25 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: If the box overflows they put a notice in to tell you to pick the rest up at the desk. My post office also has like 10 large boxes for everyone labeled A-J. If you got a big package they would put it in the bigger box and put the key in your normal box.
Wow, great information. I also occasionally get 8x10s so was curious about that.

If they just put a notice do you think the 5x5.5 is enough? That size is $35 for 6 months so a little cheaper. Do you mind letting me know how many mailers can fit in the one you use?

Should be plenty big enough. I have one and anytime I get a bubble mailer they just give me a yellow card and I go to desk to get. Also any d/c #'d packages have to be scanned anyways. I would defiantly get one, just the peace of mind is worth it to me.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

I have a free po box because the usps will not deliver to my house because my driveway is on a sharp turn.
I don't mind at all and everything card wise is put aside for me in a bag for me when I pick-up.
Then they scan it when I pickup and I'm out the door.

i have the smallest box they have available. that usually fits 3-4 padded envelopes with a couple cards in each one. if the box fills up, they put a slip and you just take the slip to the desk and they get the item for you from their box. really easy, no need to buy a big box, get the smallest one. you get your cards regardless of po box size
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

Your concerns are legit, but $55 for 6 months is a bit much. My street has had a few mailbox baseball incidents so I used a PO box when most of my payments were sent via mail. Now with my payments being processed thru Beckett or Paypal, I have no use for one. I had a $20 box and if I got a package, the USPS would leave a note in the box. I'd start with one of the smaller & cheaper boxes and see if you want a bigger one six months from now.
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]