`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2011 Bowman Chrome hit but damaged. Thoughts on what to do.*UPDATE*

2011 Bowman Chrome hit but damaged. Thoughts on what to do.*UPDATE*
Just getting back to collecting and trying to introduce my 7 year old daughter to the hobby. Last night we purchased a $19.98 box of 2011 Bowman Chrome from Walmart. Low and behold my daughter opens a pack that has a Red Refractor Auto 3/5 BCP163 Khris Davis! I take a closer look at the card and on the back there is what looks like the gloss on the back of the card is peeling up in several spots on one side. It looks like a clear film that did not adhere all the way. I talked to Topps this morning and they said to send it in and they would send out a replacement card. If that card was not available they would send one of "equal value". I was counting on hitting ebay with the card to help fund our future purchases until I say the damage. I know it won't bring as much because of the damage but has anyone had any experiance with Topps idea of "equal value?"

*UPDATE*
I sent the damaged card back to Topps. They recieved it on 12/5 and I received the replacement today 12/13. Pretty quick turnaround! They could not replace the exact card. They sent a 2011 Bowman Chrome Red Refractor Auto 1/5 BCP179 Ethan Martin. Since I have not heard of either guys a guess it was a pretty even exchange. What are you all's thoughts?
[Image: Sig.png]

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome hit but damaged. Thoughts on what to do.
lol from what i have heard it sucks
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

Khris Davis isn't exactly a household name so while what you get in return may not be a low numbered parallel the name has almost got to be better meaning you should get at least what you would have off the damaged card and probably a little more.

I sent in a damaged 1/1 Ginter wood of Andrew Mccutchen and got a 1/1 Ginter wood of Angel Pagan in retun... this was before Pagan sucked it up last year.. I did okay as a Mets fan
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

(11-23-2011, 12:38 PM)captdolo Wrote: I sent in a damaged 1/1 Ginter wood of Andrew Mccutchen and got a 1/1 Ginter wood of Angel Pagan in retun... this was before Pagan sucked it up last year.. I did okay as a Mets fan
Interesting. So this means that they hold some cards (even 1/1s) in reserve for this exact purpose.

I was thinking the same thing - I assumed all low number cards were put in packs. I guess that means some are impossible pulls?
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I'd send it in for sure and roll the dice. I don't think you can do worse than having a damaged card in hand. Lately it seems Topps has been doing a decent job of replacements, at least from what people have been saying on the boards.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Not sure what Topps would replace it with, but it would be worth a shot. I've seen the gold (#ed to 50) version of this card on ebay sell for anywhere from $35 to $50 and the red probably would fetch a good $85 to $150. In the condition it's in though, that's tough...it may drop the value by about $25 or so, but a true collector of this player may still pay top dollar.

I'm going to roll the dice and send it back to Topps next. Will post what I get in return.

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome hit but damaged. Thoughts on what to do.*UPDATE*
UPDATED!